JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   Coil Springs (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/coil-springs-1525713/)

jkmax 05-19-2013 11:40 PM

Coil Springs

Right now I have a terraflex 2.5in budget boost lift with fox 2.0s. I finally have the money to replace the spring spacer with a full size spring! Any suggestions?? I heard terraflex springs tend to sag over time... Lets hear opinions!

JTPhoto 05-20-2013 06:23 AM

We have had 2.5" TF springs in my daughters Jeep for a couple years and they have been fine. I have Rock Krawler spring up front on my JKU and they are good too.

jkmax 05-20-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTPhoto
We have had 2.5" TF springs in my daughters Jeep for a couple years and they have been fine. I have Rock Krawler spring up front on my JKU and they are good too.

Thanks! Where did you get your RK springs??

JTPhoto 05-20-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmax

Miami4x4 but that was some time ago. Marcus at River City Offroad in Austin can set you up.

dualtjs 05-20-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmax (Post 15456307)

There's a RK rep who's a regular member. I'd wager that you'll get a PM or a comment in this thread, from him, by the end of the day.

HOKIES2010 05-20-2013 10:50 AM

Could give Jason at Krawloff-road a shout as well. He carries RK and usually has great shipping.

jkmax 05-20-2013 10:51 AM

I found them at Krawl Offroad. Ill probably go with them! You just can't beat there service!

HOKIES2010 05-20-2013 10:54 AM

I have RK Springs. My ride is kind of stiff but I think it has more to do with their shocks than anything. I do have the JK lean going on in the rear but that also seems to be a pretty normal problem. My JKUR is pretty heavy and the springs have held the weight really well overall.

dualtjs 05-20-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOKIES2010 (Post 15456446)
I have RK Springs. My ride is kind of stiff but I think it has more to do with their shocks than anything. I do have the JK lean going on in the rear but that also seems to be a pretty normal problem. My JKUR is pretty heavy and the springs have held the weight really well overall.

To reinforce the point: unless you have springs that are iron bars, "stiff" ride is 90% shocks and the rest is tire pressure.

XTRyan 05-20-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmax (Post 15456307)

We carry RK at some of the best prices out there. I would recommend them over most springs out there. I have them on my TJ and absolutely love them. They ride great on and off road, and since you're running fox shocks, I know you won't be disappointed with these springs.

Shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up with our discount code for Jeepforum Members!

-Zach

JTPhoto 05-20-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XTZach (Post 15456492)
We carry RK at some of the best prices out there. I would recommend them over most springs out there. I have them on my TJ and absolutely love them. They ride great on and off road, and since you're running fox shocks, I know you won't be disappointed with these springs.

Shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up with our discount code for Jeepforum Members!

-Zach

There ya go JKMax all hooked up...

thedirtman 05-20-2013 08:01 PM

Find out what your corners weigh and then buy coils that are built to handle your weight and desired lift height. Then buy shocks that are valved for the main type of driving you will be doing.

The time now is 09:58 PM.