Coil Lift vs BB - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Coil Lift vs BB

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-30-2010, 10:07 AM   #76
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgen251 View Post
No worries from OP POV. I got my question(s) answered....and certainly understand the rivalry. I've been on both sides...the only thing I really miss from my TJ is the tumble seat (and my lift, skids, etc).
no rivalry from me, i know there as capable as any other jeep, i just dont like the look for them, especially the front flares. when me and the wife went tj, we go 06's with about 20,000 miles on both. could have easily bought jk's. to each there own and i dont care what you do to your jeep, its yours you know. at least people own and wheel em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #77
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat View Post
I'm trying to make the same decision as the OP.

I hadn't thought about the shocks that much. I have an Unlimited Rubi, I like the stock shocks, and was planning on getting a 2.5" TF coil lift w/ shock extenders.

Huge difference between stock extenders and new shocks in terms of flex?
Not a big difference for amount of flex. The difference is the amount of spring that each shock was designed to dampen. Ideally the coil is matched to the damper.
I think that +2.5" TF springs will overpower a set of stock Rubi springs with extensions and cause an anomalous situation. That could be as simple as premature failure, bouncy ride, or DW.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 11:50 AM   #78
lotus03
2009 JK Wrangler 

everyone knows that the JK dominates the trail
Unread 04-30-2010, 12:05 PM   #79
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
I chose the RC BB as a stepping stone to the end product
It is a way to get the lift required to make all of the other modifications on my list without guessing the future spring requirements.
I am piecing things together and haven't added bumpers or winch and tire carrier. I have added Curry track-bars and next comes the Curry steering and CA's.
When everything is in order I will add the springs that best suit the weight distribution and lift needed.
This was post #5

Thats my story and i'm sticking to it
And I'm running the proper shocks, not extensions.

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 08:07 AM   #80
sgt jeep
2010 JK Wrangler 

I am thinking some of you guys have serious inferiority complexes! There are a few that get their itty bitty feelings hurt because someone disagrees with them or 'bashes' their rig. No wonder I walk away more confused from these types of posts then when I got here. After about the 3rd page, I just stopped reading and scanned the pics!

The funny thing: Someone new to the forum will ask a relatively repetitive type question such as "What lift?", or "What is this?" and then some homo will say something like "Thats what the search button is for!"......Well, here is a prime example of why the mods need to do more work; I used the Search Button and found this thread, but, dang, if I am can get a grip on what lift I want now.

Bunch of tool-bags. Those that contributed positively: Thank you!

Still never got the answer the OP asked. LOL

This of course, is just my opinion and your mileage may vary. As in life, knowledge is one thing, opinions are another. Take it for whatever you want, or don't take it at all. Doesn't really matter in the scheme of things now does it? And grow some thicker skin.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
sgt jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #81
N2rock
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt jeep View Post

Still never got the answer the OP asked. LOL
LOL- um, yes- I gave the answer in the very first reply

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 09:31 AM   #82
sgt jeep
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
LOL- um, yes- I gave the answer in the very first reply
N2rock,

My post was not directed to you. Your post was pretty much the only one that I can remember because there was so much BS posted.

You have always contributed positively to the forums iirc. Thx!

This of course, is just my opinion and your mileage may vary. As in life, knowledge is one thing, opinions are another. Take it for whatever you want, or don't take it at all. Doesn't really matter in the scheme of things now does it? And grow some thicker skin.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Unread 06-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #83
sgt jeep
2010 JK Wrangler 

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Unread 06-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #84
juiceparn
2007 JK Wrangler 

Last edited by juiceparn; 06-09-2010 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: Cant get pic to work....
juiceparn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #85
Thunderstrike
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy View Post
a stock suspension will max out disco'd with proper shocks and a bb. you will not get more flex from just adding springs if the rest of the suspension is stock.
I think the proper 2 inch lift with all other adjustment requires all components pictured in below pic of 2 inch MOPAR lift.

Auto, Power, Remote Start, Towing Package, MyGig Navigation with Lockpick, Rear View Camera, B&M 70268 Transmission Cooler, Aeroforce Interceptor, Valentine 1, Tub Sound-Deadened with Raamat and Ensolite, Hard Top Heat Insulated with 1/2" Styrofoam Insulation, Bilstein Shocks Front & Rear, PIAA Dual Horns, IPF 920H4 Headlights.
Protection: Skid Row Engine Skid, Lower Control Arm skid & Evaporator Skid; Rock Hard Gas Tank Skid; Warn Stainless Steel Differential Skid Front & Rear.
Recovery Gear: Warn 9.5Ti Winch, 11,000# Pull-Pal.
Communication: Uniden 520XL CB, Diesel External Speaker, 3' FireStik Whip.
Shrockworks Mid-width Front Bumper with Warn 9.5Ti Winch -- Ordered 7/17/2009; Bumper Received 12/4/2009.
1" Coil Spacer Front & 1/2" Coil Spacer Rear restored OEM Rake.
4x4 Trips:
Moab - 4/2006, 5/2008, 4/2009, 5/2011, 4/2013
Ouray - 8/2007
Rubicon - 9/2008
Gone, but not forgotten: 2004 TJ, 1999 Audi A4, 1992 VW Jetta GL 5 Speed
Thunderstrike is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.