Coil Lift vs BB - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Coil Lift vs BB

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-30-2010, 10:09 AM   #61
jeepinmichguy_
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
Stock

2.5" BB (with proper bumpstops and shocks)

2.5" RC coils (with proper shocks)

apples to oranges, your in all different spots and terrain. that bb flex pic is not even on anything it can flex out on, so i dont get what your trying to show there, i looks like you pulled to the side of the road. we can argue this all day long and you can find the crappiest bb flex pics you have and post them up trying to prove a point. i already showed you how well mine flexes on the tj and if the JK suspention is so superior stock as you say flexing you should have no issues with pucks, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #62
tricked919
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy View Post
tj stock arm will drop aroud 14-16 inches, plenty to pull the spring without a compressor if on a lift doing it safely. i use compressors cause i do it flat on the ground in the garage. now your just telling fishing tales about tj's.
Again, you're blind.
I didn't say you needed a compressor to get the springs out. I said I needed a compressor to get the springs back in with a 2" puck. The back you can do. There's no way on God's green earth, you're getting a TJ coil AND a 2" puck installed on the front without a compressor - safe or not - with just the shocks and SB off.

And this is my last chime. I'm done.

"...and if the JK suspention is so superior stock as you say flexing you should have no issues with pucks, right?"

There are no problems with pucks. Who said there was? Shocks aside, with longer arms how is it NOT superior? And if you're not on limit straps and you're CA's aren't maxed, your limited by your shocks too.
'07 JK 2dr Sahara - auto w/ 4.10's and rear locker. 2" OME HD coil lift, BDS shocks, and 1" body-lift. 34" Hankook RT09 MT's on 16" AEV Bridgers. ARB diff covers, Warn bumpers, Warn 9K winch, a couple Hella lights ...and a WORTHLESS AirRaid CAI.
tricked919 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #63
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
apples to oranges, your in all different spots and terrain. that bb flex pic is not even on anything it can flex out on, so i dont get what your trying to show there, i looks like you pulled to the side of the road. we can argue this all day long and you can find the crappiest bb flex pics you have and post them up trying to prove a point. i already showed you how well mine flexes on the tj and if the JK suspention is so superior stock as you say flexing you should have no issues with pucks, right?
I have no beef with you. And I certainly have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. Those pictures are all real- they are all of MY JK over time. Rest assured, that 2nd picture was not on the side of the road- it was at Long's Ranch (an off road park here in TX). And I took that picture because (at the time) I thought that was amazing flex. Yes, it is max'd out in that picture. Again- I was new to wheeling and really thought that was awesome flex, which is why I took the photo. I don't care if you want to believe the photos or not. It's my JK, my photos, and I know exactly where and what was happening during each photo.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:25 AM   #64
jeepinmichguy_
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricked919 View Post
Agin, you're blind.
I didn't say you needed a compressor to get the springs out. I said I needed a compressor to get the springs back in with a 2" puck. The back you can do. There's no way on God's green earth, you're getting a TJ coil AND a 2" puck installed on the front without a compressor - safe or not - with just the shocks and SB off.
you keep calling me blind but i already showed my bb tj with better flex than your new coiled jk.......... this is what im getting out of all of this. JK suspensions flexs better stock so use coils according to most of you. but then you show crappy pics of bb flexing saying they suck when in actuality they should flex better with pucks than my tj does right? so what is the issue with pucks again? this isnt a tj vs jk thread it was a pucks vs coils thread. if the jk suspension is that good the op could use pucks if he wanted or coils and the flex will still be limited to the shocks on a jk because they all are according to some of you. so in all actuality the bb and coil lift on a jk will be limited to the shocks which will be the same between a 2 inch coil and a 2 inch puck. so how am i wrong here?

Quote:
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #65
jeepinmichguy_
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
I have no beef with you. And I certainly have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. Those pictures are all real- they are all of MY JK over time. Rest assured, that 2nd picture was not on the side of the road- it was at Long's Ranch (an off road park here in TX). And I took that picture because (at the time) I thought that was amazing flex. Yes, it is max'd out in that picture. Again- I was new to wheeling and really thought that was awesome flex, which is why I took the photo. I don't care if you want to believe the photos or not. It's my JK, my photos, and I know exactly where and what was happening during each photo.
i wasnt bashing your jeep so dont take it as that, what i am saying is the final 2 pics are in some pretty good situations for articulation and you bb pic is not. thats why i said what i said its a bad comparison set of photo's, i didnt mean you were literally on the side of the road sorry for the confusion

Quote:
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:28 AM   #66
raidert05
2014 JK Wrangler 

In my opinion OP you should go with what your money will allow you to go with at the time. Alot also depends on what you perceive you future wheeling style is going to be and future modifications that you could possibly be doing. BB is good upfront in initial cost for getting the job done quickly. I would say go ahead and go coils to save money on backside for those other modifications down the line.
USN Jeep Club Hull #97
raidert05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #67
tricked919
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
even if that is the case, this is what im getting out of all of this. JK suspensions flexs better stock so use coils according to most of you. but then you show crappy pics of bb flexing saying they suck when in actuality they should flex better with pucks than my tj does right? so what is the issue with pucks again? this isnt a tj vs jk thread it was a pucks vs coils thread. if the jk suspension is that good the op could use pucks if he wanted or coils and the flex will still be limited to the shocks on a jk because they all are according to some of you. so in all actuality the bb and coild on a jk will be limited to the shocks which will be the same between a 2 inch cloil and a 2 inch puck. so how am i wrong here?
The point was made 4 pages ago... There is no difference in flex. The problem is that the stock springs SUCK if you plan on adding weight to a BB - you will loose your lift. If you get 2" coils made for added weight, you'll get what you wanted - a 2" lift. Even in the pics I posted, I wasn't comparing flex between the coil lift and BB - I was comparing flex between kits w/ and w/o shocks - which are very common with TJ's and JK's. You decided to come pull you zipper down and show everyone how your TJ flexes with just a BB ...and beside, w/o your body lift, you be bottomed out by a tire in a fender - nothing impressive about that.
I'm done.
'07 JK 2dr Sahara - auto w/ 4.10's and rear locker. 2" OME HD coil lift, BDS shocks, and 1" body-lift. 34" Hankook RT09 MT's on 16" AEV Bridgers. ARB diff covers, Warn bumpers, Warn 9K winch, a couple Hella lights ...and a WORTHLESS AirRaid CAI.
tricked919 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #68
jeepinmichguy_
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidert05 View Post
In my opinion OP you should go with what your money will allow you to go with at the time. Alot also depends on what you perceive you future wheeling style is going to be and future modifications that you could possibly be doing. BB is good upfront in initial cost for getting the job done quickly. I would say go ahead and go coils to save money on backside for those other modifications down the line.
very well put if you plan on keeping the same lif height with your coils down the road, if not use the bb a a cheap capable stepping stone alternative.

Quote:
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #69
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

Why can't we all just get along? LOL

This is not TJ vs JK...there is no comparison....(joke---don't get it started, most of us JK owners have had TJs before and still like em). There is a reason this was opened in the JK tech area, and my question was answered. I WILL upgrade with more weight down the road, so I'm going to go the coil route.

Thx to all----

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

WISH LIST: Front LCAs, Winch, 6" KC Driving Lights, Deep Cycle Battery
Morgen251 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:36 AM   #70
aristobrat
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbloyer81 View Post
I don't want the OP to get wrong information. If he want's the best performance, he needs coils and springs.
I'm trying to make the same decision as the OP.

I hadn't thought about the shocks that much. I have an Unlimited Rubi, I like the stock shocks, and was planning on getting a 2.5" TF coil lift w/ shock extenders.

Huge difference between stock extenders and new shocks in terms of flex?
aristobrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:38 AM   #71
jeepinmichguy_
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricked919 View Post
The point was made 4 pages ago... There is no difference in flex. The problem is that the stock springs SUCK if you plan on adding weight to a BB - you will loose your lift. If you get 2" coils made for added weight, you'll get what you wanted - a 2" lift. Even in the pics I posted, I wasn't comparing flex between the coil lift and BB - I was comparing flex between kits w/ and w/o shocks - which are very common with TJ's and JK's. You decided to come pull you zipper down and show everyone how your TJ flexes with just a BB ...and beside, w/o your body lift, you be bottomed out by a tire in a fender - nothing impressive about that.
I'm done.
umm, what does the fact a tj needs more lift to run the same tires as a jk have to do with anything??? you trying to bash my jeeps dont bother me any, if i wanted a jk i would have bought one..... it just shows you have no real input or expertise to make any type of valid argument. you came in and said that bb dont flex (see post 32, and 33)and i said they did just fine, the argument stemmed from there. as for the sagging issue, give it a rest it depends on what coils you have. you could get sag from one company and not from the next with the same bumper depending on the spring rate. as for stock springs, depends on what you got from the factory.... not all 2 door springs have the same right but you already knew that right? im done arguing with you its like arguing with a 15 year old, you make no points and just run around in circles claiming you know everything when in fact you seem as ignorant to jeeps as i am to building a ricer.

Quote:
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by jeepinmichguy_; 04-30-2010 at 10:50 AM..
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:46 AM   #72
SilvRSpeedX3
2008 JK Wrangler 

WOW, this was very entertaining. lol
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #73
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

It's always fun when a rivalry gets started (UNC-Duke, UK/UL, Lakers/Celtics, TJ/JK ).

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

Unread 04-30-2010, 10:53 AM   #74
jeepinmichguy_
2003 TJ Wrangler 

should have never been tj jk....... sorry op, i wasnt trying to make it a tj jk argument.

Quote:
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 04-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #75
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

No worries from OP POV. I got my question(s) answered....and certainly understand the rivalry. I've been on both sides...the only thing I really miss from my TJ is the tumble seat (and my lift, skids, etc).

BUILD:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.