Code says "done"? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Code says "done"?

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Jeep JK Wrangler NEW Heat Reducing Performance Vented HoodARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 12-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
Schoolyards
2008 JK Wrangler 

Code says "done"?

I did an EVAP relocation kit on my 2008 JKUR and a message "Gascap" came on the dash. My buddy says super common and we tightened up everything, lubed the O-ring and made sure all was good. We then reset the computer by disconnecting the negative terminal to the battery and all was good. Three days later my check engine light came on. I did the turn the key 3 times trick but as it goes though it's sequence _ _ _ _ _ _ _ gig like this, it finishes with the message "done"

Anybody seen this before?

The thing runs just fine, just bugs me. It's still under factory warranty but will they freak with the EVAP moved and say this voids anything when I take it to Jeep?

Help!

Schoolyards is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Sometimes an external code reader will show codes that don't show with the self-diagnostic display.

There are some auto parts stores that will scan for codes at no charge. Give it a try before going to the dealer.

It would be good to know if it's an EVAP code before the dealer sees it.
ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
Schoolyards
2008 JK Wrangler 

Good idea, thanks!

Funny, I have no idea why it would cycle through and just say done though.
Schoolyards is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Also, sometime the computer reads an error, but on the next start, or if you turn off to check for a code, it doesn't read the error, so it will cycle and show "done." After 3 starts with no error, the CEL will go off, or you can disconnect the battery/reset the computer.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
suicideking
2012 JK Wrangler 

Give it a week. It will probably turn itself off and go back to normal.

There was another 'gascap' thread recently. It fixed itself.
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

When I installed dual batteries I screwed up and allowed the evap hose (the evap controller is relocated slightly with the removal of the stock batt box) to lay against the egr pipe - it melted through and the check engine light came on. The info center would not show the code (just the five dashes and done as you describe) so at Ronjenx's advice (that not all codes will display) I bought a reader - and when it showed "unexpected egr flow" that put me looking at the hoses where I found the problem. Worthwhile investment at 80- as the dealer certainly would not have covered either diagnostics or repair!

Check all of your evap lines for kinks, melts etc - but get the reader - it WILL pay for itself in no time!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.