Clutch Safety Sensor 2014 Rubicon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Clutch Safety Sensor 2014 Rubicon

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 01-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
jksull
1985 CJ7 

Clutch Safety Sensor 2014 Rubicon

Any one figure out how to wire the Clutch Safety sensor so it can be started with out pushing the clutch to the floor?
I have found several threads but nothing matches the sensor / Switch? I see on
the 14.

jksull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #2
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksull
Any one figure out how to wire the Clutch Safety sensor so it can be started with out pushing the clutch to the floor? I have found several threads but nothing matches the sensor / Switch? I see on the 14.
I haven't seen it done, but in 4lo the switch is automatically bypassed.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #3
jksull
1985 CJ7 

Bringing this back to the top, I am still looking for someone who may have made this change on a more recent JK.
I found this from another forum.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45722

Yes. There are three wires to the switch(located at the master cylendar). 1-??-Cruise, 2-Yellow/Orange-start interlock, 3-Black-ground.
If you ground the yellow/orange wire the PCM will always think the clutch is pressed in and it will defeat the system. HOWEVER, I am finding mixed info on whether the cruise really uses pin 1 or if it uses pin 2 along with the starter override, so it's possible by doing this your cruise will no longer work. Wouldn't hurt to try.
jksull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.