Climate Control Broke (more issues on QC) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Climate Control Broke (more issues on QC)

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 12-19-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
JoiseyJeff

Climate Control Broke (more issues on QC)

Well I finally got my JK Sahara (see the delivered and damaged thread) Repair looks great but half way home I noticed my climate control dial only turns about half way and I have no heat! Took it back to the dealer, no problem we'll get a new unit for the dash and replace it. Got a loaner and left for work. Got a call later today and they said it was not just the climate control dial but something wrong with the cable the goes from there to the heater box and that they need to remove a lot of the dash to fix it. You would think that all the dash buttons, lights, knobs, etc are tested before leaving the factor. Anyway, I'm pretty bummed. I have a POS Dodge Stratus loaned to drive around another whole day

07JK Sahara Rescue Green
JoiseyJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2006, 03:18 PM   #2
Laxstar46

Wow that sux but i think for all those who bought the 07's are going to have to deal with this new model new facility to build them in so i would just take it as something you will have to deal with. probably more stuff will break before long also
Laxstar46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2006, 03:21 PM   #3
tolh13

how is that Dodge Stratus in the dirt?
1996 Harley (bad boy)
1973 WV thing
mark
tolh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #4
Laxstar46

lol well first of all the wheels and bumpers fell off after the first bump
Unread 12-19-2006, 04:27 PM   #5
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyJeff
Well I finally got my JK Sahara (see the delivered and damaged thread) Repair looks great but half way home I noticed my climate control dial only turns about half way and I have no heat! Took it back to the dealer, no problem we'll get a new unit for the dash and replace it. Got a loaner and left for work. Got a call later today and they said it was not just the climate control dial but something wrong with the cable the goes from there to the heater box and that they need to remove a lot of the dash to fix it. You would think that all the dash buttons, lights, knobs, etc are tested before leaving the factor. Anyway, I'm pretty bummed. I have a POS Dodge Stratus loaned to drive around another whole day
3 times back to the dealer for the same problem makes it a "lemon" according to the law and can be returned.
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Jeep
3 times back to the dealer for the same problem makes it a "lemon" according to the law and can be returned.
Luckily for Chrysler this is his first trip for this problem

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2006, 05:33 PM   #7
JoiseyJeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
Luckily for Chrysler this is his first trip for this problem
Agreed, but something simple like this should have been checked at the plant to make sure it worked. First the damage, now the climate knob/cable heat prob, I hope this is the last of my problems. Just don't like the idea of them taking the whole dash apart to fix. On a side note the Trail Guide Nav system looks awesome and works great. I'll get pics up later this week of it and the other accessories I had installed. Also, the manual says 5W-20 oil......never heard of that grade before, thought it was a misprint.
07JK Sahara Rescue Green
Unread 12-19-2006, 05:51 PM   #8
JayDLT
2007 JK Wrangler 

There are very specific lemon laws, there has to be certain # of days in the shop, or a life threatening issue. (brakes, steering). If something becomes a real problem, contact a lemon law attorney. hopefully it would never come to that
JayDLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2006, 05:51 PM   #9
neZZr

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyJeff
Agreed, but something simple like this should have been checked at the plant to make sure it worked. First the damage, now the climate knob/cable heat prob, I hope this is the last of my problems. Just don't like the idea of them taking the whole dash apart to fix. On a side note the Trail Guide Nav system looks awesome and works great. I'll get pics up later this week of it and the other accessories I had installed. Also, the manual says 5W-20 oil......never heard of that grade before, thought it was a misprint.
I agree, and I feel bad for you with those problems... I just love how some jump on the lemon law wagon without even knowing the facts.

I have a customer that made a stink with my assistant when he tried to schedule an appointment, said he wanted lemon law and this and that. He did have a few A/C problems last year. This appointment was for a warning light on the dashboard... and had he simply looked in his owners manual he would see it is just a light designed to tell him that he needs brake pads replaced

I'll be Savvy someday!
Unread 12-19-2006, 07:21 PM   #10
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
I agree, and I feel bad for you with those problems... I just love how some jump on the lemon law wagon without even knowing the facts.

I have a customer that made a stink with my assistant when he tried to schedule an appointment, said he wanted lemon law and this and that. He did have a few A/C problems last year. This appointment was for a warning light on the dashboard... and had he simply looked in his owners manual he would see it is just a light designed to tell him that he needs brake pads replaced
Well I guess I didnt want to come across as "jumping on the lemon law wagon".
This would have to do with how the salesman present it then. I have never heard of what was needed to get the lemon law applied until last Friday when I was signing my paperwork for my JK. We had to sign a paper aknowledging understanding the lemon law as described by the salesman, the above is only what I was told. So maybe, just maybe the salesman are getting the lemon law put in the back of their mind?

Not knowing what you do for a living but to me you seem like a service writer? Take a listen to a few salesman when they deliver the car and give their "speel", you would be suprised at the "band wagon" they put people on.
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #11
neZZr

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Jeep
Well I guess I didnt want to come across as "jumping on the lemon law wagon".
This would have to do with how the salesman present it then. I have never heard of what was needed to get the lemon law applied until last Friday when I was signing my paperwork for my JK. We had to sign a paper aknowledging understanding the lemon law as described by the salesman, the above is only what I was told. So maybe, just maybe the salesman are getting the lemon law put in the back of their mind?

Not knowing what you do for a living but to me you seem like a service writer? Take a listen to a few salesman when they deliver the car and give their "speel", you would be suprised at the "band wagon" they put people on.
I was simply referring to the fact that you threw the lemon law out there, yet his situation does not meet the criteria that you mentioned.

I'll be Savvy someday!
Unread 12-19-2006, 08:27 PM   #12
Laxstar46

I know the lemon law in PA is very strict if you want to have a shot at getting a replacemnet or new car.
Unread 12-20-2006, 04:40 AM   #13
JoiseyJeff

Speaking of laws, I had to pre-pay 4 years worth of vehicle registration at the dealership to DMV. I'm moving to PA in a few months and there is no way to recover/refund that money. NJ is so criminal.
07JK Sahara Rescue Green
Unread 12-20-2006, 08:13 AM   #14
Bayou Boy

Lemon laws vary from state to state so unless you are familiar the the particular state's laws that the OP will be dealing with it's pointless to even bring it up.

Kind of the same as people that jump on the lawsuit bandwagon.
Bayou Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2006, 07:44 PM   #15
JoiseyJeff

It gets better, dealer called and said the climate control is fixed. The cable was binding up, problem fixed now. However, they scratched one of the dash pieces while taking it apart and it will be a week or so before a new one arrives. Ugh, I will finally post pics tomorrow of everything. This had best be the last issue.
07JK Sahara Rescue Green

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.