Clearance height?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Clearance height?!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 10-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
bmxchan
1993 ZJ 

Clearance height?!

I'm getting ready to put a lift on a JK for somebody in their garage! It's a 2.5" lift and it'll be on 33s and it's a hard top. Does anyone know how high the top of the jeep will be? I'm just trying to make sure I'll be able to get it out of their garage when I'm done! Similar lift sizes and such would help too. Thanks in advance!! P.S. - I haven't been to their house yet so if it's close to what you guys say then I'm just gonna do it in the driveway but the garage would be preferred.

bmxchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

I fit 4" and 35s in my garage and i thought i had a short garage door. If i had to guess youll be fine, but im not sure on measurements. If i recall i was about 78 just take your height now and account for say 3" lift and the tire difference.
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
jabsther
2010 JK Wrangler 

I wish I had that problem. It will fit in my wife's garage.
But it wont fit in mine and it is still stock for now. Low ceiling and it would hit the bar that opens/closes from the garage door opener.
Didn't think I would have had a problem when I bought it because I put a spacer lift on my 94 ZJ with ski racks and it fit.
jabsther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
spinlock

I had the same problem on my '09. Total height will depend on the particular brand of lift and tires (they can vary over ~0.75"), 2DR vs 4 DR and even weight (bumpers, tire carrier, etc) if you are cutting that close.

I clipped my antenna so it was exactly 1.5" higher than my roof with just the driver and minimum gas as my collision detection system.
spinlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
Lenny7
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsther View Post
It will fit in my wife's garage..
Lenny7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
bmxchan
1993 ZJ 

Thanks everybody! I ended up doing it in the driveway because of the amount of slope in the garage. Also they didn't have the new tires on yet so I didn't have to worry about those.
bmxchan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.