Class II Receiver Hitch for Sport S - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Class II Receiver Hitch for Sport S

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #16
dmullen
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ok gotcha...could cause serious off roading problems climbing over things, etc. This Jeep won't be doing any serious off road stuff. We go out in a lot of fields, meadows, etc. to get to trailheads for hiking but we won't be doing anything where it would cause that kind of problem. Thanks for the heads up though and explanation.

dmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #17
Michel347

They got it right, no offence here, just an heads-up, myself I don't plan to lift it, just went from the 29' to 31' tires, and that's enough for me with what I'm doing, because only with this set up, I'm going to fishing spots where almost nobody would go. But I can tell you that I scraped that Hitch a couples of times, and I'm not doing any extensive 4x4 (at least in my mind). So my suggestion about getting a longer ball mount than a longer receiver, up to you.

About the security chains, I must have been confused about the picture of the Hidden Hitch, but I don't see any hook-up points on this one, must be me (too much beer today).

Here is a picture of it. (I know don't jump about my spare tire, I haven't upgraded this one like my other tires)

Also I don't know anything about your trailer, but I raised mine to get about 11'' of clearance, and with the drop I have on my ball mount, my trailer is still leading a bit upwords (higher in front than in the back, may be by one inch)

Last edited by Michel347; 06-26-2013 at 06:01 PM..
Michel347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #18
BarneyWrangler
2012 JK Wrangler 

I can't speak to the Mopar hitch, but I installed the Quadratech hitch and it's worked out fine..
BarneyWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:57 AM   #19
OutermostJeep
2009 JK Wrangler 

I got the q-tech hitch as well and so far so good. I liked the integrated lighting attachment point and the "kit" that they sell has the wiring harness as well. Easy to hook up.
OutermostJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.