Cibie Euro-code headlamp install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Cibie Euro-code headlamp install

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
jpaddict

Cibie Euro-code headlamp install

I finished this project today The lights are dramatically brighter, and with better beam pattern than the stock lamps. In fact, they are better than the HID lights on my E55.

I ordered the Cibie lights from Daniel Stern, as well as all of the relays, bulbs, and connectors. http://www.danielsternlighting.com/home.html

The lights also have the "city light", which make the lamp glow without providing illumination projected to the road. The most difficult part (for me) was building the wiring harness. The harness with relays enables the power to flow directly from the battery to the lights thru 12ga wire.

1. After you receive the lights and relays from Daniel, you will need 12 ga stranded wire, a wire cutter/crimper tool, a #15 torx bit, 4 female connectors, electrical tape, and split loom for the harness.

2. Removing the grill is easy. Unscrew the push in connectors from the top of the grill, ease it slightly forward and tap lightly until the grill pops out. Pull outward on the red tab connectors for the turn signals, and remove the grill completely.

3. Use the #15 torx to undo the four (per lamp) screws on the light retainer ring. You DO NOT need new retainer rings. I bought some for an '06 TJ and the screw pattern is different, and will not work on the JK. Disconnect the lamp, and remove.

4. Build and install the harness as per the instructions on Daniel Stern's website. If you wish to hook up the "city lights", tap the power from the turn signal/parking lamp wire in the middle. They are marked: Major, Minor, Ground. Major is the turn signal, minor the parking lamp, and you know what the ground is for.

5. If you wish to make your side marker lamps flash with the turn signals, now would be a good time to wire them. Again use the instructions on Daniel's website.

6. After all wires are connected, install the new lamps using the original retaining rings. Connect the ground from the relay harness to the battery neg terminal, and the fused power cables to the battery positive.

7. Align the lights as per Daniel's instructions. I found the Cibie lamps aimed much higher using the original factory settings, and had to be lowered.

I used the 70/65 watt bulbs Dan recommended. At first I thought I should have 100 watt bulbs, but found Dan was absolutely correct in his selection. These things are retina roasters!

I have photos of the project, but need someone to post them for me. PM me with your email, and they are ready to be sent.

Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue, extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.
jpaddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.