Check Engine Light P1404 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Check Engine Light P1404

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
soucorp
2007 JK Wrangler 

Check Engine Light P1404

My check engine light came on, plugged my OBDII scanner, it says
P1404 - Egr Position Sensor Rationality Closed

The P1404 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a fault with the EGR Valve. Inspect the electrical harness and connector for any loose or broken wires. Sometimes a good cleaning of the EGR with carb cleaner and a small wire brush can solve this problem. If the cleaning does not solve the problem, and the visual inspection checks ok, replace the EGR Valve.
You can still drive the car without damaging it, the EGR is only for emissions stuff and the car drives normal.

Old part number: 04861674AD
New part number: 4593896AB

There is a national backorder on EGR valves for JKs.
I got lucky and bought a new EGR valve from these guys for $85
http://www.wholesalemopar.com/

I will be replacing this part myself, dealer wants $450. From what I read, its going to be a PITA for the automatics but I can do it thru the tire well or battery well on top.

previous posting how to:
http://www.jk-forum.com/jk-write-ups...-p0406-127376/

p1404.jpg   wj07210.gif  
soucorp is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.