check engine light - low oil pressure - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > check engine light - low oil pressure

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.com

Unread 08-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #46
JeepCares

The second cause has been determined to be a cut or slit in the O-ring at the top of the
pick-up tube on the oil pump.
A bore scope can be used to view the top of the pick-up
tube to see if the O-ring is not seated all the way around the tube. The O-ring is blue in
color and it should not be visible if installed properly.

oil.png

JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #47
mrdeezus
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
The second cause has been determined to be a cut or slit in the O-ring at the top of the
pick-up tube on the oil pump.
A bore scope can be used to view the top of the pick-up
tube to see if the O-ring is not seated all the way around the tube. The O-ring is blue in
color and it should not be visible if installed properly.
Thanks Lee, the pic really helps explain a lot. Luckily this is covered ender the 5yr/100k warranty.
mrdeezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #48
HllywdJeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooneys08JK View Post
Do you leave the jeep in 1st while parked? Surely you don't rely on just the parking brake to hold your Jeep in a sloped driveway??
I definitely do not anymore. However, I have never had a parking brake lever that would just randomly release itself. Jeep also found it faulty and replaced it.

Update on a different note...
Jeep DID confirm I had a lemon about two weeks ago and are currently building me a 2014 I should see in the next 4-6 weeks.

From the day I purchased the Jeep, October 29, 2012, to April 10, 2013, it spent 42 days in the shop for random warranty work.
HllywdJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #49
kolky
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well this thread doesn't make me feel any better.

Wife just bought a 2012 JKU Rubi 5 days ago and the check engine light came on. Went into limp mode while driving. Took it up to the local Jeep dealer figuring it was a bad o2 sensor and they tell us the oil pump needs to be replaced and they are on back order.
[COLOR="Yellow"][SIZE="3"]Yellow Jeep Club #1224[/SIZE][/COLOR]
kolky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #50
JKPaul
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just got mine back, diagnosis was "engine oil pressure control circuit stuck off". they replaced the oil pressure switch. Have to wait and see if it resolved the issue. Will post further as I rack up the miles........

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.......'!
JKPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 08:24 AM   #51
JKPaul
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKPaul View Post
Just got mine back, diagnosis was "engine oil pressure control circuit stuck off". they replaced the oil pressure switch. Have to wait and see if it resolved the issue. Will post further as I rack up the miles........
CEL on again, I got P06dd on my reader, same as last time. They say it needs 'O' ring and then they want to do further testing? Told them to keep it till it's fixed.

Unread 02-24-2014, 07:29 PM   #52
HllywdJeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

Best of luck to you JKPaul! I'm currently loving my 2014 lemon replacement because of that stupid P06dd.
HllywdJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 09:28 PM   #53
JKPaul
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HllywdJeep View Post
Best of luck to you JKPaul! I'm currently loving my 2014 lemon replacement because of that stupid P06dd.
Thanks. Dealer called, needs an oil pump, waiting on part, they say ok to drive until part comes in. Here we go loop dee loo..........

Unread 03-14-2014, 08:54 AM   #54
JKPaul
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKPaul View Post
Thanks. Dealer called, needs an oil pump, waiting on part, they say ok to drive until part comes in. Here we go loop dee loo..........
Oil pump installed. Jeep was returned to me in the same shape I left it in. Checked it over before I even got in it. Need to put some mile on it now and see how she goes.
2014-03-13_20-48-59.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.