check engine light - low oil pressure - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > check engine light - low oil pressure

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 06-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #16
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID
 
HappyTrails's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Georgia
Posts: 1,674
This is why I have a dedicated Oil Pressure gauge mounted on the left windshield pillar. Low oil pressure is the first indication that something bad is about to happen to the engine. I'd rather know about it before the idiot light tells me I have NO oil pressure.

__________________
2008 2-dr Rubicon, auto,
RK 2.5" Max Travel lift, Fox 2.0 shocks, 37" Nittos, 5.38's, River Raider skids, Warn VR8000-S.
RIPP Gen 2 Stg 2 Supercharger.
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #17
JeepCares
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MOPAR World Headquarters, Chrysler Group LLC
Posts: 2,407
JeepDO -

Please do let us know.
__________________
Lee
U.S. Top Care
Chrysler Group LLC
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #18
cvvnlut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
engine code p06dd

Moremud I was wondering if your issue with engine code p06dd ever got resolved. I have a 2012 Rubicon with the same issue, I went in the third time and the dealer did the oil filter check. Checked the oil sensor and it was good. Checked oil pressure monitoring and it was good. They said they need to check the oil pump pickup tube for a crack and for a missing spray cap. They have ordered all the parts they could possibly need and then are going to drop the oil pan. What bugs me about the whole thing is why the problem comes and goes. The dealer told me that Chrysler has a case open on this problem. Another common problem with this engine I was told is that some of the heads were cast with a defect that causes engine misfire because the valve isn't seating all the way. I will write an update after repairs are made...
cvvnlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #19
nrzforce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 4
Error code P06DD

Hi all,


I know this is the Wrangler forum but My Grand Cherokee is having the same problem. Wonder if its all related.

I have a brand new 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee with less than a 1000 miles on it it popped a check engine light for P06DD. I took it in they reset it and told me it was nothing. It came back, I took it in again and they said they would look at it. Two weeks later they replaced a bunch of parts and the code went away for about 1000 miles. Now it has resurfaced. I took it to auto zone really quick to check for myself to see if it was the same code and it was. When I downloaded the code at auto zone it reset but came back about 1-2 days later. Now I have appointment with the dealership again. I hope they can figure this out b/c its becoming rather annoying.

Also not happy that they do not provide transportation while your car is being worked on. I bought a brand new 32k car and its broke from the factory and they tell me oh well.....Not sure if I'll be recommending anyone to buy a Jeep.
nrzforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #20
cvvnlut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Update on code P06DD

I feel the same way about buying a new car for $32k and have it broke sitting in the shop. If its the factory's fault they should give you a loaner. This is how my repair went. The tech dropped my oil pan and checked the spray jets, the oil pump pickup tube and orinfg seal.on the pickup tube, he didn't see anything wrong so called Chrysler and they told him to replace the oil pump. The oil pump was on back order and I was told it old take weeks to get one. And I shouldn't drive it the way it was. My dealer has been great about the whole thing. They found a oil pump at a dealer in Minissota so I had my Jeep back in a weeks time. So far no more check engin light, I've had it off road three times since the new oil pump in. About 200 highway miles. If you can't get good results from he dealer you bought it from find another on and they them whats been happening.
.Good luck with your repair. Just tell them you get a new oil pump and get it over with.
cvvnlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #21
BigMikeOfTO
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: toronto, on
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrzforce
Hi all,

I know this is the Wrangler forum but My Grand Cherokee is having the same problem. Wonder if its all related.

I have a brand new 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee with less than a 1000 miles on it it popped a check engine light for P06DD. I took it in they reset it and told me it was nothing. It came back, I took it in again and they said they would look at it. Two weeks later they replaced a bunch of parts and the code went away for about 1000 miles. Now it has resurfaced. I took it to auto zone really quick to check for myself to see if it was the same code and it was. When I downloaded the code at auto zone it reset but came back about 1-2 days later. Now I have appointment with the dealership again. I hope they can figure this out b/c its becoming rather annoying.

Also not happy that they do not provide transportation while your car is being worked on. I bought a brand new 32k car and its broke from the factory and they tell me oh well.....Not sure if I'll be recommending anyone to buy a Jeep.
I'm on y third jeep now, and customer service has been terrible over the years. Past ten years my family, including myself, have bought 8 vehicles from same dealer and also a couple friends bought from there as well. For them it has been the same experience, just feels like they want you out as quick as u came in. One more poor customer service from them, and I TOO will never recommend a jeep to ANYONE.....in fact I might even go outta my way to talk them out of it. Not meaning to offend anyone but just how I feel.
BigMikeOfTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #22
BigMikeOfTO
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: toronto, on
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails
This is why I have a dedicated Oil Pressure gauge mounted on the left windshield pillar. Low oil pressure is the first indication that something bad is about to happen to the engine. I'd rather know about it before the idiot light tells me I have NO oil pressure.
Damn skippy, that's definitely one that's on my list...very long list
BigMikeOfTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #23
CTRUBICON
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hamden, CT
Posts: 3
Hi. Wondering if anyone has any new information on this code. I have a 2013 JKUR that I picked up in October. At 2k miles the code came on. I scheduled an appointment with my dealer, but the day I dropped it off the light went off. (and my auto start which was disabled worked again). I dropped it off anyway -so it could be documented. They changed the oil & filter and sent me on my way. 5 days later the light came on again. I stopped by so it could be documented again and they asked me to keep the light on and continue to drive it (it was a Saturday & they told me they would contact me on Monday). I didn't drive it on Sunday and Monday morning the light was off (and the auto start worked again). It was fine until Tuesday afternoon -- the light reappeared, but this time I lost power over 3000 RPM. I called the dealer and they asked that I drop it off again. I will have to wait until next Monday as I will need a loaner car --- this is my winter daily driver.
Please keep me posted if anyone hears anything, I will do the same. Thanks.
CTRUBICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 06:07 AM   #24
cvvnlut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Update on code P06DD

My 2012 Jeep had the same problems with engine light code P06DD. It would come and go. The dealer follows Chrysler's trouble shooting guides that were apparently written by Chrysler's engineers. First they check the codes and flash the PCM and send you on your way. Second they change the oil and check the oil filter (even if they know its ok). The third time they want to get down to business and check the oil pump for a bad suction tube or oring. At this point I told them I wanted a new oil pump, but they told me they have to follow the trouble shooting steps. Well they found nothing wrong with the oring or tube so the next step was to replace the oil pump (they had to talk to Chrysler first before they could do this). The oil pumps were on back order. After the new oil pump install I haven't had anymore problems or engine light warnings. What amazes me is mechanics no longer can trouble shoot problems on their own experience they have to follow Chrysler's written procedure even if they know what the problem is. What also amazes me also is you can buy a new $33k Jeep and it can break down on you in less than 3000 miles. That being said out of the many vehicles I have owned My Jeep is still my favorite..
cvvnlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #25
paul84043
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvvnlut View Post
My 2012 Jeep had the same problems with engine light code P06DD. It would come and go. The dealer follows Chrysler's trouble shooting guides that were apparently written by Chrysler's engineers. First they check the codes and flash the PCM and send you on your way. Second they change the oil and check the oil filter (even if they know its ok). The third time they want to get down to business and check the oil pump for a bad suction tube or oring. At this point I told them I wanted a new oil pump, but they told me they have to follow the trouble shooting steps. Well they found nothing wrong with the oring or tube so the next step was to replace the oil pump (they had to talk to Chrysler first before they could do this). The oil pumps were on back order. After the new oil pump install I haven't had anymore problems or engine light warnings. What amazes me is mechanics no longer can trouble shoot problems on their own experience they have to follow Chrysler's written procedure even if they know what the problem is. What also amazes me also is you can buy a new $33k Jeep and it can break down on you in less than 3000 miles. That being said out of the many vehicles I have owned My Jeep is still my favorite..
Hmm.....oil pumps on backorder...there's a red flag right there.

The Techs have had to follow Manufacturer directions for a very long time now, several decades at least.
If you take it to an independent shop, they'll do whatever they want, but you're not going to get that covered under warranty. (and probably not fixed either)
In reality, it makes perfect sense. It IS frustrating that the process can take several visits and is an inconvenience, but there is most definitely a method to their madness.
It keeps the guesswork to a minimum and keeps their defect tracking system organized, so in reality in the long run it's much better for everyone.

If you ever find a manufacturer that has NO problems with thier complex mechanical systems, please let me know as I don't believe this company exists.
(yeah Honda does pretty good, and don't even bring up BMW..they're a joke)

It's not like everyone at Chrysler is sitting there laughing at you. In todays corporate world you can bet your bottom dollar that they take this very seriously. I do believe that they are basking in their success a little at this point and sincerely hope that someone is still steering the ship...
__________________
**
Make a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day....Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life....
**
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 01:50 AM   #26
nrzforce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 4
Update on my Jeep.

I dropped it off at the dealership about 3 weeks ago. They took 2 days to tell me they are going to change the pump for the second time. So they pull my oil pump out and the new one they get is damaged. They are now waiting for one to come in.. Its been 2 weeks of waiting on the pump.

I've now had my Jeep in the shop 4 different times for the same problem and its been in the shop over a months all together. If this problem comes back I plan on looking up VA lemmon laws and taking this issue up with Chrysler.

I feel i need to be compensated with a vehicle since mines been down for so long.
nrzforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #27
Godholio
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: West Haven, UT
Posts: 1,800
If it's more than a day I'm fighting for a loaner. 3 weeks? No way I'm leaving without another car.

Edit: This has only happened once, and the dealer (Westland Ford) gave me a car immediately because the fix was expected to take 3 days.
__________________
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #28
Wavedatya
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clarington county, Ontario, Canada EH!
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeOfTO

I'm on y third jeep now, and customer service has been terrible over the years. Past ten years my family, including myself, have bought 8 vehicles from same dealer and also a couple friends bought from there as well. For them it has been the same experience, just feels like they want you out as quick as u came in. One more poor customer service from them, and I TOO will never recommend a jeep to ANYONE.....in fact I might even go outta my way to talk them out of it. Not meaning to offend anyone but just how I feel.
Hey bud.

Send me a PM of the dealer so I know to avoid them. It's hard to find a good dealer. If they even exist! They are worse than the scum bag used car dealer I think. My jeep was used. However, I've had a few problems with it and a couple recalls and only have out about 15000 k since I've owned it.

My commuter car which is a hyundai accent has been great! Just oil changes. Great little cheap car that is also great on gas. I would have hated to spend 32k or more for a lemon.

As for the OP. when I had a lemon from GM I demanded a car when it was in shop for a few days (which was often). And I usually told them I wanted a truck because I was thinking I buying one and THEY bought it! Suckers! They would loan me a truck for a week I would never buy GM again
__________________
OF4WD member #7523. Durham 4x4 member.
Wavedatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #29
blackjeep05
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: mckinney, tx
Posts: 1,387
Boy glad I decided to keep mine.
__________________
Soccer six in the mix.
blackjeep05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #30
blackjeep05
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: mckinney, tx
Posts: 1,387
almost 100k and the only thing thats ever happen was a stuck thermostat at 90k replaced the whole cooling system since I was in it and haven't had any other issues.
__________________
Soccer six in the mix.
blackjeep05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.