So I know these "cheap mods" are all over the place for JK's, but I'd like to kick start some more creative thinking for us Jeeper's. Here is a list I compiled during a very boring lucture:
Grill Mesh Mod
;Bought a twisted wire mesh in the Concrete section at Lowes for $9.56. I think it was 7" by 32" cut to fit across radiator frame an zipped tied it there. Took about 30 minutes and would have been faster if I had a good set of tin snips.
EDIT: sand down your adhesive points and use an epoxy to keep it from coming loose over time. EDIT: plastic will tear, use steel. Same department at Lowes. They sell them by the piece, so DONT BUY THE WHOLE DAMN PACK. I bought 3 pieces, you will want to cut each in half and trim to size. Paint. Touch up easily with a paint pen (I use Mopar hardtop touch-up pen).
- buy some and stuff it in the soundbar and dash where the speakers are. Drastically reduces vibration and distortion and makes even the stock speakers sound better.
Emergency Exit Mod
- Pull the vent cover on the right side of the inside gate. you can't miss it. Don't know where he got the handle and grommet, though. handle/cable/brackets are hand throttle assy's at Kragens/PEPBOYS-etc, they have tobe "cut-to-fit. Throttle Cable" kits
Seat Belt Mod
- you can got to any auto parts store (or walmart even) and get those seat belt shoulder cushions. But instead of mounting them on the shoulder portion of the seat belts, mount them down next to the pillar. No more wind flap
- Use grill paint to paint your muffler.
Mirror Pee Hole Mod
- Take the mirrors off and cut out a section of the rubber seal just above the lower notch (small v). The water will then be able to run out and you wont have holes in a perfectly good mirror. This is what is causing the mirrors to hold water. Another design flaw. Took me 8 min. to do both mirrors.
Doorless Mirror Mod
- HotSpot Round Convex Mirror, 2 Inch - legal???
Rear Head Rest Mod
- fold them back and tie them in place for more rearview.
Door Stops Mod
- have not figured out completly, yet. Should be simple.
- Rims, Grill, etc. Nice way to test out a look, since it will easily peel off after drying.
Fry Catcher Mod
- smooth pipe insulation pieces to fill gap between front seats and console. Kind of a coin/french fry saver. They move with the seats too. Also put smaller sized of same stuff along dash by windshield to keep crap from falling into that super-void.
Flip Mirror Mod
- can be found everywhere.
Please add your cheap mods, for those of you running low on the "to-do" list!
Giving credit where it is due: all over JK forums, thanks everyone!