Cheap EBAY DVD Player - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Cheap EBAY DVD Player

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
dagoof56
2007 JK Wrangler 

Cheap EBAY DVD Player

Has anyone bought and installed one of these cheap $120 touch screen dvd similar to the following http://www.ebay.com/itm/Double-2-Din...item20c5333b3e

i understand it is cheap and you get what you pay for but i would worry about this getting stolen as much as a $400 or $500 unit. Has anyone installed this on a JK and if so what was the install like?

dagoof56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
theredmonster
2012 JK Wrangler 

interesting... i would consider this to at that price anyone doing it?
Unread 06-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
zamball
2009 JK Wrangler 

Very temping indeed, but no AUX input.
Unread 06-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
68cupe
2008 JK Wrangler 

I bought a Pioneer DVD touchscreen off of ebay for about $200. I LOVE IT! Install wasnt bad. Only mod was the metal plate behind the stock radio had to be removed. As for things you need: double DIN adapter, antenna adapter, and wiring harness. I have even added headrest screens now for the kids. Only issue I had was the screen safety feature I had to bypass. Total install took about 2 hours and the Pioneer has headphone jack, USB for my iPhone, SD card, and all the goodies for my sound system.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
68cupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
rirrgang
2007 JK Wrangler 

I've been looking at those to put in the Motorhome. Lately there's been a version that runs on the Android operating system with A2DP Bluetooth. The price is tempting to say the least
Unread 06-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
jrmandryck
2008 JK Wrangler 

I totally understand not wanting to have $400-500 stolen from your dash, but I couldnt sink the cash into that particular model. I got a refrub Kenwood DDX from crutchfield delivered with the install kit for $300 so I would call them and see what they offer, the deck alone was only 225
Unread 06-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
theredmonster
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmandryck View Post
I totally understand not wanting to have $400-500 stolen from your dash, but I couldnt sink the cash into that particular model. I got a refrub Kenwood DDX from crutchfield delivered with the install kit for $300 so I would call them and see what they offer, the deck alone was only 225
does that model have navi? I really want one with navi in it as i cant seem to keep track of the portable ones there always in the wrong jeep at the wrong time
Unread 06-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #8
djkbooth
2010 JK Wrangler 

i bought a cheap 7 inch on ebay about 4 years ago and put it in my f250, its a xovision double din it was like 150, still running great with no issues, it has aux input backup cam input, dvd bluetooth etc... pay with paypal and they got your back if its messed up
djkbooth is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.