Changing Diff fluid after gear change brake in period? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Changing Diff fluid after gear change brake in period?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-31-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
04WJfreedom
2012 JK Wrangler 

Changing Diff fluid after gear change brake in period?

So I heard from some people I should change the diff fluid after 500 to 1000 miles of my gears being changed? Wanted to make sure this is correct? I just installed Yukon gears about 500 miles ago and will change the fluids again if I need too, I was thinking about getting some new Diff covers when I'm at it also. Thanks

4:88 Yukon gears
KOR Drive shafts
04WJfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
mello

Yukon has a break in oil change of 500 miles.
mello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
04WJfreedom
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello
Yukon has a break in oil change of 500 miles.
Thank you!
4:88 Yukon gears
KOR Drive shafts
04WJfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

This ^. Don't be alarmed at the dark color, or if there's some fluff on the magnet, quite normal. I did mine again at 1500 miles just for comfort.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 01:10 AM   #5
TRAUMAhead
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
This ^. Don't be alarmed at the dark color, or if there's some fluff on the magnet, quite normal. I did mine again at 1500 miles just for comfort.
Did you pull your covers both time?
TRAUMAhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #6
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

500 long miles after the break-in period. Check your patterns and look through the fine particulates, a combination of phosphate coating and metal wear, which is normal. Chunks and pieces are not normal! Great chance for new diff covers, if you hit water a lot you should check/change fluid often - lubelocker gaskets make it easy and they pay themselves off after a couple changes/inspections.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.