Changing Brake Pads - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Changing Brake Pads

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #16
propped1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts View Post
propprd1 let me know if there is anything different about changing the front pads then the back pads. I wil be changing my front pads in about 2,000 miles.
Looking at the fronts, the only difference is the bolt size - 21mm instead of 18mm - and they are bigger. Still only two bolts. Similar bracket and overall design. Its still a single piston caliper and the tabs that go into the retainer clips are the same size on the replacement pads on the front and the rear.

Pretty straight forward. Follow the write up on project-jk.com. It covers everything even though they only do the rear.

If you need to change your front, change the back too. Everyone is having issues with the rear wearing before the front. I'd at least take a look.

-OlllllllO]
(o)_) (o)_)o-)_)
propped1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #17
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 

I'm doing my 04 Grand tomorrow. We sell brake pads if anyone needs them.I've got a set for myself sitting on my desk waiting to go into the grand.

Jeep Wrangler Brake Pads

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
CALL TOLL FREE 866-403-3393
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #18
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

It's easier to just take the caliper off and not the mounting bracket 13mm torqued to 26ft/lbs . Pry bar on between the rotor and old pad ...... no need for a c-clamp just presses on the edge of the rotor ..... very quick to change front or rear use medium (blue) lock tight on the bolts and you won't lose em' due to vibration ......... just sayin'
fernjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2010, 01:09 AM   #19
Hellbound13
2008 JK Wrangler 

Changed my rears awhile ago. I hope the fronts are as easy to do when its time..
Hellbound13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2010, 01:41 AM   #20
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ATony View Post
I'm doing my 04 Grand tomorrow. We sell brake pads if anyone needs them.I've got a set for myself sitting on my desk waiting to go into the grand.

Jeep Wrangler Brake Pads
Tony; could you please change your link to include 07+ JK Wranglers

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.