Change Fluids? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Change Fluids?

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRCV Axles at CCOR

Unread 09-11-2012, 01:05 AM   #31
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Why wouldn't you be able to go back later? It's not like DOT5 brake fluid where it'll wreck everything if it mixes with other stuff.

Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #32
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just got this sent to me. Another reason to run royal purple.

For your 2012 Jeep Wrangler you do not have to throw away the Max Gear when you get water in it.
Drain the gear lube mixed with water “milk shake” out into a clean container and let it sit for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Max Gear will separate from the water and rise to the top and be reusable, that’s one of the reasons our Max Gear product is so popular with offroad and marine users, besides of course the amazing film strength advantage and friction reduction. Simply pour the Max Gear off into another clean container and the water will now all be in the bottom of the first container.
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #33
starscream
1981 CJ5 

Make sure to add a friction modifier if you have the trac-loc option. At least, that's the rule of thumb I grew up with.
starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #34
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicwaste29 View Post
Just got this sent to me. Another reason to run royal purple.

For your 2012 Jeep Wrangler you do not have to throw away the Max Gear when you get water in it.
Drain the gear lube mixed with water “milk shake” out into a clean container and let it sit for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Max Gear will separate from the water and rise to the top and be reusable, that’s one of the reasons our Max Gear product is so popular with offroad and marine users, besides of course the amazing film strength advantage and friction reduction. Simply pour the Max Gear off into another clean container and the water will now all be in the bottom of the first container.
I've never heard this before...NICE! I'll be keeping that in mind.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #35
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Please delete this thread
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #36
BigMikeOfTO
2011 JK Wrangler 

Why delete? I'm sure a lot of these old threads will probably come in useful for searches

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs
BigMikeOfTO is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.