CB radios & the JK .... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > CB radios & the JK ....

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-24-2010, 01:40 AM   #16
ribs
2007 JK Wrangler 

I agree that this is a good radio. I had one and it was great. I gave it away with my truck (my mistake). I am getting a Uniden pro520xl soon as it has a PA feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGrant View Post
...And no the truck dont give BJs but guess you are not married as wifes dont give them either. :rolleyes:
ribs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2010, 08:05 AM   #17
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

I don't know about the mike, my wife uses it and she has that ear thing
that she uses with her cell phone and she doesn't complain about any problems !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernjack View Post
So can you use the bluetooth as the mike ? Sounds cool ..... does it work well ? Clear on both ends ? ....... Thanks JIMBOX ....
However, it's like a cell phone and reception is not that good sometimes and it doesn't work at all when we go in the Sierras !!

I don't use it at all, just as a CB !!

Good day

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2010, 08:59 AM   #18
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

OK so she just monitors the channels . Do you use an external speaker ? or just plug into your stereo via the aux plug ?
07' Rubi Unlimited 6spd. , Rescue green #64 CDN , 35x12.5 mudders
Rick .
fernjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #19
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

No, her Bluetooth has nothing to do with the channels, she sometimes uses it instead of the cell phone-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernjack View Post
OK so she just monitors the channels . Do you use an external speaker ? or just plug into your stereo via the aux plug ?
I can't use the CB when she doesit, which isn't that often, you gotta screw with the base unit to change the functions and she's not crazy about that

No plug into anything and no external spkrs !!

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #20
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Here you go. https://cobra.com/products//75-wx-st...d-noaa-weather with this Cool Tech LLC. JK VersaMount and this Cool Tech LLC. JK Ultamount CB Antenna System. It all comes in this kit: Cool Tech LLC. CB All-in-One Kit I love the set up.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2010, 10:15 PM   #21
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbloyer81 View Post
Thanks cbloyer ......
07' Rubi Unlimited 6spd. , Rescue green #64 CDN , 35x12.5 mudders
Rick .
fernjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2010, 01:31 AM   #22
HotDuck
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
.....This one is the COBRA MOD 29 LTD BT..... It has a bunch of additions and the Blue Thooth.....Pretty cool, with the Firestik 4' antenna
This is the exact same setup I have and I have absolutely no complaints. The blue tooth works well. The voice from the person calling you comes over the CB speaker or external speaker if you have one and you can talk back using the CB mic or a hands free mic that comes with the CB. I use the CB mic to talk and people have told me that it sounds like a regular cellphone on their end.
HotDuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
c.b. , c.b. radio , review , which brand

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.