CB Radio Mount - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > CB Radio Mount

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
omnicitadel
Where Did The Weasle Go?

2008 JK Wrangler 

CB Radio Mount

I am struggleing on where to mount this radio: http://www.quadratec.com/products/96080_11.htm

I can not find a good space to place this radio. (I can go any where in the jeep with the ammount of cable i have left.). I Thought about above the rear view mirror but i didnt like the mic wire hanging down. And Inside the console does not work (the antenna wire and the mic wire make it too long to close (either one). And on the passenger side console it interfears with the passenger seat sliding.

Any help (FAST ITS GETTING DARK) would definately help.

Mods: Performance Accessoires 1" Body lift, 2.5" Teraflex Lift, 35x12.5x17 Dunlop Radial Mud Roaver, Alpine iDA-X100 Head Unit, Infinity REF6022I 6.5" Front and Rear Speakers.
Docket: Shrockworks Rock Sliders, Rock Hard 4x4 Skid's (all of them), Front and Rear Bumpers (undecided), Winch (undecided)
omnicitadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 07:08 PM   #2
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

overhead tuffy box would work.. im gonna do that when i get mine.. they are on the high side cost wise.. but i think it will do good.

or u could mount in on the pass side right on the side where the shifter is.. or mount it behind the center consle..

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
BiGEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
FourEyes45
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I just installed a Galaxy919 with a Wilson FGT-4 antenna on a Terafles sparetire mt. today.I made a clamp for the 919 bracket and put it above the rearview mirrow, I put the mic over the sun visor.
Have a great and safe day.
Walt
FourEyes45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 08:41 PM   #4
omnicitadel
Where Did The Weasle Go?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Well I decided to zip tie it to the metal support right under the glove box... If I like it, I will mount it down there... I dont like how far it is from the drivers seat, but thats the only place where it logically fit with out messing with the looks or function of all 4 seats

Mods: Performance Accessoires 1" Body lift, 2.5" Teraflex Lift, 35x12.5x17 Dunlop Radial Mud Roaver, Alpine iDA-X100 Head Unit, Infinity REF6022I 6.5" Front and Rear Speakers.
Docket: Shrockworks Rock Sliders, Rock Hard 4x4 Skid's (all of them), Front and Rear Bumpers (undecided), Winch (undecided)
omnicitadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 11:22 PM   #5
jdrogers
2002 WJ 

Mount it under the drivers seat...

jdrogers is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.