CB RADIO in jeep jk - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > CB RADIO in jeep jk

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair

Unread 12-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
smith0200
2009 JK Wrangler 

CB RADIO in jeep jk

i was wondering if anyone had any places or ideas on where to mount a cb radio in a jk

smith0200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

What CB do you have?
| Currie - 4" | Cooper STT 37" | 5.13 | RCV | Superior | sPOD | ACE | Synergy | Overland Motorsports | Adams Driveshaft | LightForce | TruckLite | PSC | RROR | EVO | Jeep Swag | aFe | Fox | Artec | Ballistic Fab | Rock Hard 4x4 | MetalCloak | Superwinch | Factor 55 | Savvy | TeraFlex | Steel Lizard Offroad | Cobra |

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee - WK2 (Kiddo Hauler)

Walle on Instagram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol View Post
I want to F your J. I want to F your J right in the A.
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
smith0200
2009 JK Wrangler 

none i wanted to find a place to put it before i bought one
smith0200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
Walle

2012 JK Wrangler 

I would highly recommend the Cobra 75 WXST with the Cool Tech VersaMount 2. I have had 2 CBs, and the is the best IMO.

Here is a link to their website.

| Currie - 4" | Cooper STT 37" | 5.13 | RCV | Superior | sPOD | ACE | Synergy | Overland Motorsports | Adams Driveshaft | LightForce | TruckLite | PSC | RROR | EVO | Jeep Swag | aFe | Fox | Artec | Ballistic Fab | Rock Hard 4x4 | MetalCloak | Superwinch | Factor 55 | Savvy | TeraFlex | Steel Lizard Offroad | Cobra |

Walle on Instagram
Quote:
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:46 AM   #5
tmattprice
2012 JK Wrangler 

I also struggled with a good place to locate a CB radio in my 2012 JKU. Being extremely particular about the way my brand new Jeep looked lol, I wasn't going to settle for exposed wiring and a mounting point that didn't look OEM. So, I settled with the Overhead single compartment console to mount the CB. The unit works PERFECTLY for the CB and gives the Jeep a nice sleek OEM look & feel.

Take a look.

Overhead Console
img_0195.jpg   img_0196.jpg  
tmattprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
Walle

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmattprice View Post
I also struggled with a good place to locate a CB radio in my 2012 JKU. Being extremely particular about the way my brand new Jeep looked lol, I wasn't going to settle for exposed wiring and a mounting point that didn't look OEM. So, I settled with the Overhead single compartment console to mount the CB. The unit works PERFECTLY for the CB and gives the Jeep a nice sleek OEM look & feel.

Take a look.

Overhead Console
I really like the look of this! The only problem for me is that I have an sPOD, so that is why I went from a Cobra 29 to a Cobra 75.

Walle on Instagram
Quote:
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
tmattprice
2012 JK Wrangler 

The sPOD's are awesome as well, but I just couldn't justify spending nearly $500 to have a switch panel haha.. I've been around cars, running wires & switches for so long, there are easy alternatives that aren't so costly (although I do LOVE the sPOD)

Keep in mind the overhead console does slide back & forth on the rails, so there is a chance you could slide it back towards the rear of the vehicle enough to clear the sPod as well, although i'm not too sure if the mount would interfere. Probably best to avoid this setup with the sPod just to be safe.

I am just a super stickler for exposed wires and installs that don't look OEM or "clean." In the TJ's, it was easy, mount it right on top of the center console, worked great lol. The JK's have a bit more curves to the interior

Happy hunting.. Oh, and BTW, I LOVE the Uniden Bearcat CB, which is what i'm running. Puts out closer to 5W instead of the industry standard 4, and has several nice LED color schemes, PA, antenna/SWR calibration, weather channels, etc..
tmattprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
GhostTownRubi
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walle View Post
I would highly recommend the Cobra 75 WXST with the Cool Tech VersaMount 2. I have had 2 CBs, and the is the best IMO.

Here is a link to their website.

^^x2...I could not agree more. I have had this model in two of my vehicles. I plan on installing another one in my Jeep. They are compact and don't take up any room at all. All you need do is find where you want to mount the handset...that's it!
Unread 12-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #9
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

I claim it's the best location ever!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/b...ation-1346210/

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #10
suicideking
2012 JK Wrangler 

I also have the Cobra 75. I like that there's no box to mount since all the controls are built into the mic. I bought this kit:

http://www.rightchannelradios.com/co...-road-kit.html

My hearing sucks, so I really liked that the kit came with an external speaker.

It also great if you leave the top off when parking in public. You can disconnect the mic and keep it locked in the center, or out of the Jeep completely.
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #11
maniacal_rick
2012 JK Wrangler 

I put mine in the center console. Check my build.
Unread 12-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
PapasJP
2013 JK Wrangler 

I mounted my Cobra 75WXST behind the glove box and the connection comes out underneath so you can't see any CB in the Jeep. Works great and easy to hook up and not in the way when I don't need it.
Unread 12-31-2012, 08:12 PM   #13
smittycm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapasJP View Post
I mounted my Cobra 75WXST behind the glove box and the connection comes out underneath so you can't see any CB in the Jeep. Works great and easy to hook up and not in the way when I don't need it.
This.

I just installed the same model in my Jeep this weekend. Easily removed and stowed, very clean/stealth install, and a quality unit. The speaker is plenty loud. I see no need at all for an external speaker. The toughest part was figuring out where to mount the handset clip in my 2012. I ended up attaching the clip to an L-bracket and used the single screw in the top portion of my dash to mount the bracket. Worked perfectly. This CB is great for anyone, but especially for those who don't use one all that often.

Unread 12-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #14
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacal_rick View Post
I put mine in the center console. Check my build.
Poser!!

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 04:32 AM   #15
mrsig
2007 JK Wrangler 

Cobra 75 WX ST All most 5 years old and still works great.

Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
mrsig is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.