CB mount.. anyone? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > CB mount.. anyone?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
ralph_801
2007 JK Wrangler 

CB mount.. anyone?

I have been looking for a smart way to overhead mount my radio. I have the antenna installed and all that is fine i just don't know where/how to mount the actual radio. I have seen the tuffy product and am not a huge fan.. i tried to get in touch with arizona rocky road about their product and no response. anyone have ideas or pictures of their own? i want it over head mounted and out of the way. thanks in advance.

ralph_801 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
horaceunit
2013 JK Wrangler 

I tried to contact Arizona Rocky Road too, but I liked the product so much I placed an order anyway, and it came pretty quick. I think the guy who makes them just doesn't have time, or just not very good at answering the emails. I am real happy with it and it looks pretty good. Anything you need to know just ask!
cb-rack1.jpg   cb-rack2.jpg  
cb-rack3.jpg

Unread 11-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
wranglerthirtee

I went with the strike force overhead mount.
http://www.strikeforcezebra.com/cbmount.html
wranglerthirtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Interesting, I went with the Rockhard roll cage(full)-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 04:26 AM   #5
Mlarv
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by horaceunit View Post
I tried to contact Arizona Rocky Road too, but I liked the product so much I placed an order anyway, and it came pretty quick. I think the guy who makes them just doesn't have time, or just not very good at answering the emails. I am real happy with it and it looks pretty good. Anything you need to know just ask!
Howdy. I am not sure how long you have had this mounted, but the ZIP tie buttons will rub a hole in the ST. I would face them down and cut the little end off clean with the face of the button. I have seen many problems caused by the use of these on wiring harnesses.
Unread 11-25-2013, 06:33 AM   #6
horaceunit
2013 JK Wrangler 

Doesn't look like it, but they are a good inch away from the soft top. It sits back far enough to just clear the soft top clips and that keeps the straps a good distance from the top. However, it is a good point, and I will probably do that just to be cautious. Thanks! BTW you can route the CB antenna coax inside the mount itself, but I have some other wires going into the hole in the mount where you would put the coax cable into, and I decided against enlarging the hole so I routed it on the outside and used the straps to hold it on.
Unread 11-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
ralph_801
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by horaceunit View Post
Doesn't look like it, but they are a good inch away from the soft top. It sits back far enough to just clear the soft top clips and that keeps the straps a good distance from the top. However, it is a good point, and I will probably do that just to be cautious. Thanks! BTW you can route the CB antenna coax inside the mount itself, but I have some other wires going into the hole in the mount where you would put the coax cable into, and I decided against enlarging the hole so I routed it on the outside and used the straps to hold it on.
how do you have it mounted to the roll bars? that's my most confusing part. I like that strike force one but i think my radio is too long to be mounted that close to the windshield.
Unread 11-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #8
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_801 View Post
how do you have it mounted to the roll bars? that's my most confusing part. I like that strike force one but i think my radio is too long to be mounted that close to the windshield.
I have this. http://www.valco-cp.com/cb_bracket.htm

Brand new, never opened. You can have it if you want. You're in UT and I am in AZ, I imagine shipping isn't much.

-Dan
ROCKR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #9
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerthirtee View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Nice product and all but what’s up with the $1,249.00 price tag?
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #10
ralph_801
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockr8r View Post
i have this. http://www.valco-cp.com/cb_bracket.htm

brand new, never opened. You can have it if you want. You're in ut and i am in az, i imagine shipping isn't much.

-dan
please!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #11
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

rockr8r and ralph_801, please do your transactions through PMs. Thanks.
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #12
ralph_801
2007 JK Wrangler 

pm sent
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #13
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
pm sent
Thanks.
Unread 11-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #14
horaceunit
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
There are two knobs on either sides that are part of the plastic body of the door surrounds. Here is a really small bad pic: You take out the knob and place the end of the mount there and then fit the bolt back in and screw it back into place. Works like a charm. Just make sure to check the pre-drilled mount holes for the CB bracket first. I had to drill a hole to get everything lined up.
166_picture_0989.jpg

Unread 11-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #15
jeepwrnglr92
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerthirtee View Post
Wow they think highly of their mount at $1249 USD thats one pricy little bracket.

I think Ill try to make my own for that price

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.