CB Install - coming up. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > CB Install - coming up.

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Warn and Smittybilt Free Shipping OfferRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
discordian
2012 JK Wrangler 

CB Install - coming up.

This kit:

http://www.rightchannelradios.com/je...510xl-418.html

is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I opted for the JK tire-mount for the antenna (all the way on the right of the above picture) and the 4' Wilson Flex antenna.

Even though it's a different brand, I'm planning on basically following the Project JK writeup of installation. I like the way they route everything out of the way and pictures are always helpful. Knock on wood, I should be doing this after my club meeting (Midsouth Jeeps) this coming Saturday. Will try to take a few pictures along the way.

Unread 08-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
labbayk
2012 JK Wrangler 

heya! did you ever have a chance to take those pics and set your radio up? I ordered the RCR kit a few months after you and I still haven't set it up because I was weighing options. I wanted to do the license plate set up but I think I'm stuck with the spare carrier. Also, the 12 JK's have redesigned dashes so I was wondering what options were out there.
and when you wanted blood i cut my veins
and when you wanted love i bled myself again [/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Narrow"][B]then a vision came to me
when you came along
i gave you everything but then you wanted more[/B]
[/FONT]
I am a slave to grunge \m/
labbayk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by labbayk
heya! did you ever have a chance to take those pics and set your radio up? I ordered the RCR kit a few months after you and I still haven't set it up because I was weighing options. I wanted to do the license plate set

forumrunner_20120808_192837.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120808_192837.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	449223

up but I think I'm stuck with the spare carrier. Also, the 12 JK's have redesigned dashes so I was wondering what options were out there.
If you use the spare tire carrier you may need to run a ground wire to the chassis . The rear door doesn't lend itself to being a good ground. As far as mounting the cb itself I used a mount from Arizona rockyroad it mounts above the windshield using the sportbar.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
labbayk
2012 JK Wrangler 

this looks very nice! thanks for the suggestion I have an idea what I can do now with this dusty kit.
and when you wanted blood i cut my veins
and when you wanted love i bled myself again [/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Narrow"][B]then a vision came to me
when you came along
i gave you everything but then you wanted more[/B]
[/FONT]
I am a slave to grunge \m/
labbayk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
Rooster76
2012 JK Wrangler 

That's a good write-up I used it too.

I'm liking my footman loop no drill mount. I did a quick write-up on it here-> http://www.jk-forum.com/jk-cb-ham-ra...8/#post3011242

I would recommend taking your antenna wire up the rollbar. It will work out way better then the floor.

Another tip is to put some hairspray in the antenna cap after you adjust the SWR. That should keep it nice and tight. It's how you install mountain bike grips.

I was thinking that the mic wire would annoy me with it mounted up there. I put it on top of the radio when I'm not using it and you can clip the mic in and it will stay out of the way.

Good Luck

Tags
cb , jk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.