Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Car Wash

2K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  jeepers3 
#1 ·
Is it cool to go through a car wash if you've got a hard top. Or just a Wrangler in general?

#27 · (Edited)
tx-Skydiver said:
Yes dude. Pride in the things you own.
Not being much of a materialist, this is just a foreign concept to man. Anyone who can get go out and get a loan for $20K or so, which is an awful lot of people, is able to buy a Jeep. Buying a Jeep isn't really much of an accomplishment, so why would I be proud about having bought one? Now, if I invented the cure for cancer, well, then there is a little something for my resume. On the other hand, if you, or anyone else, finds pride in buying a certain brand of vehicle, then MORE POWER TO YOU!!!! I think that's great man.

I don't understand how you keep trashing us folk who think that way.
I never said ANYTHING about you people. I don't care what you are or are not proud of. More power to you my man. I commented about pride as it relates to things I own. I don't have pride in owning a particular car, or a particular house (or "igloo" as you so delicately put it), or a particular breed of dog, a particular toaster oven, or a particular pencil in my desk. I simply don't take pride in owning stuff. Sure, I like to own certain stuff - it makes my life a lot more convenient than it would otherwise be - but to me, it's all just stuff - and not really even eligible for pride. I didn't mention YOU, or ANYONE ELSE in my response, let alone "trash" you or say that you're some kind of awful person for liking your car so much. As far as I am concerned, you can take pride in your Jeep and everything else you own - that's fine by me. I think it's GREAT!! You also might want to consider having an equally open mind toward those of us who don't.

Sheeesh. Who ever would have thought that people who drive such tough vehicles would have such delicate sensibilities?

Sure would hate to see the inside of your igloo.
It's white, and, um, rather icy.

FWIW, the two other people I know in town with Jeeps don't wash their cars during the winter either - probably for the same reasons I don't. I guess we're all just EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIIIIIILLLLLLLLL!

Why we're talking about pride and vehicles I have a funny story :) I used to live next to a guy who had, what I considered to be, just a rather plain jane old beat up pickup truck - but it was clearly his pride and joy. He was always out detailing it and doing whatever you do when you clean and wash cars. It was pretty clear he loved that pickup truck for some reason. Well, one day I came home from the lake with my big, sogging wet, slobbering St. Bernard. As soon as opened the door to my car, she ran over to his truck, where he had both doors open, and jumped inside like she was ready to go for a ride. I dunno why she decided to do that, but I about died. I got her out and dragged her inside the house. The guy never said anything to me, but I could tell from the look on his face that he wanted to kill me. :) Of course, if some big wet slobbering dog were to jump into my car (Jeep, vehicle, star ship, whatever) and wanted to go to the lake - hell, I'd probably oblige :)

#28 ·
kscobra2004 said:
funny how everyone, that washes all the time doesn't live up north, let me give you a run down, the snow hit the ground in early jan. Now in march after a good week of above freezing weather, and one day in the 70's, I still have snow in my yard. You can not imagine the amount of dirt and salt on these roads. I love keeping my vehicles clean, very anal about it, but like jeepers said, you wash in 20 below weather, before you get home, all the salt that was washed off is right back on, and your door seals freeze so you can not open your doors.
An for Anchorage, you can substitute in September for January, and May for March, and drop the temps on down to -20 at times. There really is no point in going somewhere to wash your car, when by the time you get home, it looks exactly the way it did before you got it washed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.