Capabilities of a stock four door Rubicon? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Capabilities of a stock four door Rubicon?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 08-21-2013, 05:32 AM   #16
rayder1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop
Quite capable. The first three runs I made on the Rubicon trail was a heavy modded TJ, When I ran it with a stock JKURubi - I quickly learned tj has a better breakover and JK has better stability but does require a bit more steering work (does not turn as fast) and well a lot more skinny pedal (gotta be turning 1800 to feel like the old 4.0 did at 1300).
Thanks....I wanted to hear if the Rubicon trail is do-able stock. I ran my slightly lifted YJ up it years ago with no damage. I was a bit worried about testing the rock rails on my JKUR having the long WB. But it's about the same as my old 92 Bronco that made the run stock years ago.

rayder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #17
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'd put diff covers and oil pan skids on it, Pull the plastic front dam and relocate the vacuum pump.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #18
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayder1

Thanks....I wanted to hear if the Rubicon trail is do-able stock. I ran my slightly lifted YJ up it years ago with no damage. I was a bit worried about testing the rock rails on my JKUR having the long WB. But it's about the same as my old 92 Bronco that made the run stock years ago.
To earn the trail rated badge each jeep has to traverse the rubicon unassisted and complete it

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #19
rayder1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast
I'd put diff covers and oil pan skids on it, Pull the plastic front dam and relocate the vacuum pump.
I'm actually looking for a wrecked 10a I can cannibalize. I have my sources checking a couple times a week. I want the front bumper and steel skid plate.

Otherwise....I'm going to do the same underside protection I did on my Bronco and YJ. I didn't alter the ride heights on either very much and both did quite well over the rocks. Slow go in 4 lo is the rule.
rayder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #20
SBpunk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just purchased the TnT AL belly armor system, LCA skids and a winch. Our trails here are pretty decent but I plan on putting on the skids saturday and wheeling the crap out of it sunday. I'll let you know lol. Its stock height/wheels
4:10 Gears
2 Inch Budget Boost.
SBpunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.