Can't get Air Intake Temprature Sensor out! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Can't get Air Intake Temprature Sensor out!

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 09-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
nikjeep

Can't get Air Intake Temprature Sensor out!

Figured I would post in here first. I'm installing a cold air intake in my 2013 Wrangler Unlmited and the Air Intake Temperature Sensor is being a ***** to get out. I don't want to force it and break it, wasn't sure if theres a trick to this that anybody knows about?

nikjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
keycat02
2010 JK Wrangler 

I did it by inserting a small flat-blade screwdriver next to the sensor from the outside, and kind of prying it out. I saw this tip on Project-JK.com. The sensor seems fragile so be careful!
keycat02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keycat02 View Post
I did it by inserting a small flat-blade screwdriver next to the sensor from the outside, and kind of prying it out. I saw this tip on Project-JK.com. The sensor seems fragile so be careful!
Yup i broke mine back when i had a cold air intake...
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

"...had a cold air intake". Roflmao
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
nikjeep

Figured it out. On the 2013 Unlimited's it's a 1/4 counter clockwise turn. You have to be SUPER careful with it or it will snap. I just used pliers and slowly rotated it.
nikjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.