Can't find RND button - anywhere - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Can't find RND button - anywhere

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-22-2006, 10:50 AM   #1
jimmyjack

Can't find RND button - anywhere

My first post......did a bunch of reading first - can't find topic - so I'll give it a whirl.

Have 07 Sahara w/ dual tops and CD/DVD changer. The sound is awesome and I don't think I know enuf songs to fill even a single DVD w/ mp3's.

The user manual has three sections about the three radio options - with pictures etc. In the section for my radio (changer - no SAT) it says press the RND button while playing a CD and songs will be played in random order.

Sorry, but there is no RND button - on the CD only radio, it is what the LOAD button is for me. Maybe they put it in the inside face of the radio.

Maybe it's a combination of holding something for eternity, while flashing the emergency lights while stomping on the clutch. Any clues out there?

--jimmyjack

jimmyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2006, 11:21 AM   #2
jdrogers
2002 WJ 

From what I have heard there is no random button on the 6 disc radio. Several others have complained about it.

I have the single disc one and it does have the button.
jdrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
JK_Jeep
2007 JK Wrangler 

My thoughts would be that a random button on a 6 disc would be a nightmare for the unit itself, listen to all the little motors working hard when it switches a disc, I am sure the wear and tear is not worth it. ??
JK_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2006, 11:47 PM   #4
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Jeep
My thoughts would be that a random button on a 6 disc would be a nightmare for the unit itself, listen to all the little motors working hard when it switches a disc, I am sure the wear and tear is not worth it. ??
I believe he's talking about a random button for a single disc, even though he has the 6-disc changer rather than randomly picking a song from all 6 discs.

I have also heard that there is no single disc random play on the 6 disc changer but I still can't believe it. I don't think I've ever used a cd player, including my 6-disc changer in my 02 Mazda Protege that lacks random play. I'm thinking of removing the 6-disc changer from my order if this is true. Can anyone confirm the presence of a random play option for the 6-disc changer??
cab76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.