cannot build my jeep :-( - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > cannot build my jeep :-(

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 06-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

cannot build my jeep :-(

I tried to build a JK on Jeep.com but they don't seem to offer the power convenience group for a Sport.

I tried to build a JK on Edmunds.com but they don't offer an a/c without ordering the 24 package...

Can a JK be ordered w/ 16" wheels [I'm going to replace the wheels/tires anyway so don't want the "S" upgrade] and A/C?

Can't a Sport be ordered w/ the power group?

I don't understand how the 2 websites can be different, and neither one [most probably] right.

Frustrating

John

Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Be careful.. Ordering with small 16" wheels is likely to get you the dreaded 3.21 gear ratio as well... Be sure if you do order the 16s you still have the option to get 3.73 or 4.10 gears.. If you want the power group I believe you have to order the Sport S in which case I believe that comes with bigger wheels as well.....
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
roughandtangle
2013 JK Wrangler 

I cannot speak to the 2014 but I do know for the 2013. (This is for the 4 door, 2 door options are not the same)

With getting the sport
-You have the option to get A/C
-You cannot get the power convenience
-You cannot get the 4.10's

Sport S
-A/C is standard
-Power Convenience is standard
-You have the option to get 3.73's
-You cannot get 4.10's

Of course you can add things after with the dealer but this is strictly what you can get from the factory. Also factory orders are cut off for 2013 and I believe they are opening soon for 2014 (if they have not already opened). However, you will not take delivery of a '14 until sometime this fall. Local dealer will have all the specific information on how the 2014 order sheets will work.
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto View Post
Be careful.. Ordering with small 16" wheels is likely to get you the dreaded 3.21 gear ratio as well... Be sure if you do order the 16s you still have the option to get 3.73 or 4.10 gears.. If you want the power group I believe you have to order the Sport S in which case I believe that comes with bigger wheels as well.....
To get 4:10 he would need to check the Rubicon option. On a Rubicon there is a gear option on the autos. Stock is 3:73 option is 4:10 in the auto. If you were going this way I would say again go 4:10. abit over geared for the stock 32"s. but when you go 35"s 4:10 auto is a great combo on the Rubi.

But the 3:21 gears is just going to cost you a lot to replace later. IF say you want to run 35"s. Get 3:73.
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
Monkeybomber
2013 JK Wrangler 

Just to state what you're trying to get so I understand
Wrangler with:
Power convience group
AC
16" wheels
3.73 gears

That's pretty much the Sport S, which is what I have. In all honesty, just get the 24S package, sure you're getting 17" tires but does that really matter? I doubt the increased cost is really them charging you so much more for the tires. Niether site shows your configuration because I gotta say it sounds very rare- most people would just take the 17" tires.

If its really that big of a deal to you just go to a dealer and custom order it. I will say that I've been off road with the stock S tires and they've done alright, and certainly held me over while I'm finishing off payments.
Monkeybomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
Yeep99
2006 TJ Wrangler 

To clarify a few things in this thread (I sell Jeeps)....

1) A base "B" package Wrangler can be had with 16s.
2) Options on a "B" are Sirius, side air bags, 3.73 axle, tow group, A/C, and pretty much nothing else. I believe the $400 premium Sunrider top is available on a B.
3) To get power windows/locks/mirrors, you are forced to move to an "S" package. S allows you to get a lot more stuff...dual top, power package, Alpine stereo (for whatever that's worth), 430 radio (worth even less), tinted windows and some other stuff that's nice to have. 3.73 is still optional on an S.

I'm like you...I want a power group on a B package. I also want dual tops. Ain't happening I'm hopefully ordering myself a 2014 when I pay my SS off. Hope this helps. If I was you, and you want nice wheels and tires, I'd suck it up and deal with manual windows to avoid paying $2,300 extra for an S, when the only real benefits to you is A/C and a leather steering wheel....
Yeep99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
ss44camaro
2013 JK Wrangler 

Also if your dealer is cool he will make a deal with you to order the s package with bigger wheels and then trade those wheels with the steelies from a base jeep and give you a grand or more off yours... That's kind of how I did mine.
ss44camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #8
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughandtangle View Post
I cannot speak to the 2014 but I do know for the 2013. (This is for the 4 door, 2 door options are not the same)

With getting the sport
-You have the option to get A/C
-You cannot get the power convenience
-You cannot get the 4.10's

Sport S
-A/C is standard
-Power Convenience is standard
-You have the option to get 3.73's
-You cannot get 4.10's

Of course you can add things after with the dealer but this is strictly what you can get from the factory. Also factory orders are cut off for 2013 and I believe they are opening soon for 2014 (if they have not already opened). However, you will not take delivery of a '14 until sometime this fall. Local dealer will have all the specific information on how the 2014 order sheets will work.
Point of reference [I believe I'm right] that the Power Convenience is standard on a JKU but not on a JK. Just like, you can save $100 by ordering the max tow package on a JKU [if you want tow and 3.73] but must order ala carte if you want a 2 door w/ tow and 3.73.

I'm only sharing this b/c others who read this thread might need to know how the extra two doors work on options available.

Since I want 2 doors, my options are more limited and more expensive

Thanks,

John
Unread 06-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeybomber View Post
Just to state what you're trying to get so I understand
Wrangler with:
Power convience group
AC
16" wheels
3.73 gears

That's pretty much the Sport S, which is what I have. In all honesty, just get the 24S package, sure you're getting 17" tires but does that really matter? I doubt the increased cost is really them charging you so much more for the tires. Niether site shows your configuration because I gotta say it sounds very rare- most people would just take the 17" tires.

If its really that big of a deal to you just go to a dealer and custom order it. I will say that I've been off road with the stock S tires and they've done alright, and certainly held me over while I'm finishing off payments.
A/C alone is 995, list, 889 invoice. S pkg is > $2k. That's pretty steep just to be able to give them more money for another option. I'd rather save the 1,100-1,200, not buy the S package and sink the money in other tires/wheels.

I wish they could but the dealers are limited on what they are allowed to order, that is the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion tho,

john
Unread 06-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeep99 View Post
To clarify a few things in this thread (I sell Jeeps)....

1) A base "B" package Wrangler can be had with 16s.
2) Options on a "B" are Sirius, side air bags, 3.73 axle, tow group, A/C, and pretty much nothing else. I believe the $400 premium Sunrider top is available on a B.
3) To get power windows/locks/mirrors, you are forced to move to an "S" package. S allows you to get a lot more stuff...dual top, power package, Alpine stereo (for whatever that's worth), 430 radio (worth even less), tinted windows and some other stuff that's nice to have. 3.73 is still optional on an S.

I'm like you...I want a power group on a B package. I also want dual tops. Ain't happening I'm hopefully ordering myself a 2014 when I pay my SS off. Hope this helps. If I was you, and you want nice wheels and tires, I'd suck it up and deal with manual windows to avoid paying $2,300 extra for an S, when the only real benefits to you is A/C and a leather steering wheel....
Because Jeep won't configure as I'd like, I was planning on dropping the power convenience group. Shame they won't let me give them more money.

I could understand it if they didn't sell a/c as a separate option [but they do] or didn't sell the power group as a separate option [but they do]... they just won't sell them as separate options together... baffling

I don't get it?

John
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #11
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuskid View Post
Because Jeep won't configure as I'd like, I was planning on dropping the power convenience group. Shame they won't let me give them more money.

I could understand it if they didn't sell a/c as a separate option [but they do] or didn't sell the power group as a separate option [but they do]... they just won't sell them as separate options together... baffling

I don't get it?

John

Get off the Internet and call and see if they can make an exception and take care of you. I got nothing else.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #12
TOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto View Post
3.73's are a stand alone option, readily available on a base sport. I think you automatically get the 3.21's unless you specify 3.73's or get a Rubicon. Just from my shopping experience, 90% of the non-Rubicon Jeeps on lots were 3.21's regardless of trim level.
TOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #13
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOK View Post
3.73's are a stand alone option, readily available on a base sport. I think you automatically get the 3.21's unless you specify 3.73's or get a Rubicon. Just from my shopping experience, 90% of the non-Rubicon Jeeps on lots were 3.21's regardless of trim level.
100% of the 'non-Rubicon' Jeeps I've encountered on the lot [maybe 7 or 8] have had 3.21's. When I called 4 dealerships in StL last week, not one of them had a 3.73, manual, 2 door on their lot.

I don't get it....

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.