JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   cannot build my jeep :-( (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/cannot-build-my-jeep-1537588/)

Deuskid 06-17-2013 09:38 AM

cannot build my jeep :-(

I tried to build a JK on Jeep.com but they don't seem to offer the power convenience group for a Sport.

I tried to build a JK on Edmunds.com but they don't offer an a/c without ordering the 24 package...

Can a JK be ordered w/ 16" wheels [I'm going to replace the wheels/tires anyway so don't want the "S" upgrade] and A/C?

Can't a Sport be ordered w/ the power group?

I don't understand how the 2 websites can be different, and neither one [most probably] right.

Frustrating

John

JTPhoto 06-17-2013 10:43 AM

Be careful.. Ordering with small 16" wheels is likely to get you the dreaded 3.21 gear ratio as well... Be sure if you do order the 16s you still have the option to get 3.73 or 4.10 gears.. If you want the power group I believe you have to order the Sport S in which case I believe that comes with bigger wheels as well.....

roughandtangle 06-17-2013 11:01 AM

I cannot speak to the 2014 but I do know for the 2013. (This is for the 4 door, 2 door options are not the same)

With getting the sport
-You have the option to get A/C
-You cannot get the power convenience
-You cannot get the 4.10's

Sport S
-A/C is standard
-Power Convenience is standard
-You have the option to get 3.73's
-You cannot get 4.10's

Of course you can add things after with the dealer but this is strictly what you can get from the factory. Also factory orders are cut off for 2013 and I believe they are opening soon for 2014 (if they have not already opened). However, you will not take delivery of a '14 until sometime this fall. Local dealer will have all the specific information on how the 2014 order sheets will work.

222Doc 06-17-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTPhoto (Post 15572005)
Be careful.. Ordering with small 16" wheels is likely to get you the dreaded 3.21 gear ratio as well... Be sure if you do order the 16s you still have the option to get 3.73 or 4.10 gears.. If you want the power group I believe you have to order the Sport S in which case I believe that comes with bigger wheels as well.....

To get 4:10 he would need to check the Rubicon option. On a Rubicon there is a gear option on the autos. Stock is 3:73 option is 4:10 in the auto. If you were going this way I would say again go 4:10. abit over geared for the stock 32"s. but when you go 35"s 4:10 auto is a great combo on the Rubi.

But the 3:21 gears is just going to cost you a lot to replace later. IF say you want to run 35"s. Get 3:73.

Monkeybomber 06-17-2013 11:16 AM

Just to state what you're trying to get so I understand
Wrangler with:
Power convience group
AC
16" wheels
3.73 gears

That's pretty much the Sport S, which is what I have. In all honesty, just get the 24S package, sure you're getting 17" tires but does that really matter? I doubt the increased cost is really them charging you so much more for the tires. Niether site shows your configuration because I gotta say it sounds very rare- most people would just take the 17" tires.

If its really that big of a deal to you just go to a dealer and custom order it. I will say that I've been off road with the stock S tires and they've done alright, and certainly held me over while I'm finishing off payments.

Yeep99 06-17-2013 12:11 PM

To clarify a few things in this thread (I sell Jeeps)....

1) A base "B" package Wrangler can be had with 16s.
2) Options on a "B" are Sirius, side air bags, 3.73 axle, tow group, A/C, and pretty much nothing else. I believe the $400 premium Sunrider top is available on a B.
3) To get power windows/locks/mirrors, you are forced to move to an "S" package. S allows you to get a lot more stuff...dual top, power package, Alpine stereo (for whatever that's worth), 430 radio (worth even less), tinted windows and some other stuff that's nice to have. 3.73 is still optional on an S.

I'm like you...I want a power group on a B package. I also want dual tops. Ain't happening :( I'm hopefully ordering myself a 2014 when I pay my SS off. Hope this helps. If I was you, and you want nice wheels and tires, I'd suck it up and deal with manual windows to avoid paying $2,300 extra for an S, when the only real benefits to you is A/C and a leather steering wheel....

ss44camaro 06-17-2013 12:39 PM

Also if your dealer is cool he will make a deal with you to order the s package with bigger wheels and then trade those wheels with the steelies from a base jeep and give you a grand or more off yours... That's kind of how I did mine.

Deuskid 06-17-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roughandtangle (Post 15572067)
I cannot speak to the 2014 but I do know for the 2013. (This is for the 4 door, 2 door options are not the same)

With getting the sport
-You have the option to get A/C
-You cannot get the power convenience
-You cannot get the 4.10's

Sport S
-A/C is standard
-Power Convenience is standard
-You have the option to get 3.73's
-You cannot get 4.10's

Of course you can add things after with the dealer but this is strictly what you can get from the factory. Also factory orders are cut off for 2013 and I believe they are opening soon for 2014 (if they have not already opened). However, you will not take delivery of a '14 until sometime this fall. Local dealer will have all the specific information on how the 2014 order sheets will work.

Point of reference [I believe I'm right] that the Power Convenience is standard on a JKU but not on a JK. Just like, you can save $100 by ordering the max tow package on a JKU [if you want tow and 3.73] but must order ala carte if you want a 2 door w/ tow and 3.73.

I'm only sharing this b/c others who read this thread might need to know how the extra two doors work on options available.

Since I want 2 doors, my options are more limited and more expensive :(

Thanks,
:wave:

John

Deuskid 06-17-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkeybomber (Post 15572136)
Just to state what you're trying to get so I understand
Wrangler with:
Power convience group
AC
16" wheels
3.73 gears

That's pretty much the Sport S, which is what I have. In all honesty, just get the 24S package, sure you're getting 17" tires but does that really matter? I doubt the increased cost is really them charging you so much more for the tires. Niether site shows your configuration because I gotta say it sounds very rare- most people would just take the 17" tires.

If its really that big of a deal to you just go to a dealer and custom order it. I will say that I've been off road with the stock S tires and they've done alright, and certainly held me over while I'm finishing off payments.

A/C alone is 995, list, 889 invoice. S pkg is > $2k. That's pretty steep just to be able to give them more money for another option. I'd rather save the 1,100-1,200, not buy the S package and sink the money in other tires/wheels.

I wish they could but the dealers are limited on what they are allowed to order, that is the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion tho,

john

Deuskid 06-17-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeep99 (Post 15572395)
To clarify a few things in this thread (I sell Jeeps)....

1) A base "B" package Wrangler can be had with 16s.
2) Options on a "B" are Sirius, side air bags, 3.73 axle, tow group, A/C, and pretty much nothing else. I believe the $400 premium Sunrider top is available on a B.
3) To get power windows/locks/mirrors, you are forced to move to an "S" package. S allows you to get a lot more stuff...dual top, power package, Alpine stereo (for whatever that's worth), 430 radio (worth even less), tinted windows and some other stuff that's nice to have. 3.73 is still optional on an S.

I'm like you...I want a power group on a B package. I also want dual tops. Ain't happening :( I'm hopefully ordering myself a 2014 when I pay my SS off. Hope this helps. If I was you, and you want nice wheels and tires, I'd suck it up and deal with manual windows to avoid paying $2,300 extra for an S, when the only real benefits to you is A/C and a leather steering wheel....

Because Jeep won't configure as I'd like, I was planning on dropping the power convenience group. Shame they won't let me give them more money.

I could understand it if they didn't sell a/c as a separate option [but they do] or didn't sell the power group as a separate option [but they do]... they just won't sell them as separate options together... baffling

:facepalm:

I don't get it?

John

Tanimal 06-17-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuskid (Post 15572846)
Because Jeep won't configure as I'd like, I was planning on dropping the power convenience group. Shame they won't let me give them more money.

I could understand it if they didn't sell a/c as a separate option [but they do] or didn't sell the power group as a separate option [but they do]... they just won't sell them as separate options together... baffling

:facepalm:

I don't get it?

John

Get off the Internet and call and see if they can make an exception and take care of you. I got nothing else.

TOK 06-17-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTPhoto (Post 15572005)

3.73's are a stand alone option, readily available on a base sport. I think you automatically get the 3.21's unless you specify 3.73's or get a Rubicon. Just from my shopping experience, 90% of the non-Rubicon Jeeps on lots were 3.21's regardless of trim level.

Deuskid 06-17-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOK (Post 15573593)
3.73's are a stand alone option, readily available on a base sport. I think you automatically get the 3.21's unless you specify 3.73's or get a Rubicon. Just from my shopping experience, 90% of the non-Rubicon Jeeps on lots were 3.21's regardless of trim level.

100% of the 'non-Rubicon' Jeeps I've encountered on the lot [maybe 7 or 8] have had 3.21's. When I called 4 dealerships in StL last week, not one of them had a 3.73, manual, 2 door on their lot.

I don't get it....

The time now is 11:08 PM.