Can you give me some feed back on my current mod plan? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Can you give me some feed back on my current mod plan?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 04-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #16
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus03 View Post
Anyone know anything about Fabtech 5” Crawler System?

looks wild
that lift is a lot of money.

I had a friend that ran a fabtech lift on his truck and he hated it (and spent a ton of money on it)

If you want radius arms I would suggest rubicon express. They are tried and true and the price is a little bit easier to swallow.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2010, 09:10 AM   #17
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

1) Mickey Thompson Sidebiter Wheels - size 17x9 has 4.5 back spacing
2) Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radial 5290 - LT305/70R18 - 35X12.50R18 - 12.2 section width - load range E
or Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radial 5275 - LT315/70R17 - 35X12.50R17 - 11.9 section width - load range D
Just pointing out (and you may have already noticed)- the first tire size you listed is for an 18" wheel. The 2nd size is for a 17" wheel. The wheel you listed in #1 is a 17".

35" with 5.13 gears, automatic, is what I'm running now. I originally had 4.10 gears- it wasn't horrible. And I waited a full year before re-gearing. But now that I am re-geared, I recommend it.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #18
juiceparn
2007 JK Wrangler 

Go do some wheeling stock! You never know how well you'll do stock until you try. "wheeling" is a subjective term and means many different things to many different people. You may end up wanting to do more than you think now or if you're like me, you're mod list may shrink once you realize what your Jeep can do already. I wanted to lock both axles and go an inch higher for lift but I haven't needed either for 95% of the wheeling I do. A simple BB and some bigger tires for clearance (especially the 4 door) can take you places older open diff jeeps just couldn't get. The BLD is an amazing feature and can be a great poor man's locker if you learn how to use it. My point is , go find out the weaknesses of YOUR jeep, doing the wheeling YOU do. Like these guys have said over and over buy what you want or need 1 time and do it right.
Unread 04-22-2010, 12:45 AM   #19
lotus03
2009 JK Wrangler 

I've been researching pretty hard and even pulled a couple all nighters. My head is gonna explode...I read that Off Road Evolution is coming out with the EVO Enforcer Suspension System. It's a basic suspension system with 3.5″ of lift. It has King shocks and might be a sweet way to start the process for me. I can do this lift and then put on the 35's and wheels and re gear to 5.13 and I've been reading that with a 3.5 inch lift I'll need a new rear driveshaft also. Naturally have to determine how that MBRP muffler fits in there too. I can picture the Jeep in my head looking all nice and performing well.
lotus03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2010, 02:35 AM   #20
No_Return
2008 JK Wrangler 

If you are really worried about clearing the Garage door just Move. OK I'm Just Kidding.

Flat Fenders and 33" MT tires and Optional .75" - 1.5" leveling kit up front is starting to become a popular option and if that won't fit under your door WOW it must be under 6'-2".

In all of your mods I did not see any mention for Skid Plates / armor. I'd make ROCK Rails #1 before anything else including tires. Only cost $200 - $700 and will save you several thousand in Body damage. Mine have taken several hard hits and so far still look almost new.

It only takes getting stuck on a (rock, tree stump, high centered on hard dirt etc) ONCE to seriously funk up your body and ruin your day, week, month.

Tires & Wheels Lift Kits ... Listen to N2ROCK and MATTMAN... They have both tried a lot of stuff and have Nice Jeeps.

My Rubicon is mostly Stock for now only because until I break or wear out something I tend not to replace it. Call me a cheepskate.
Unread 04-22-2010, 02:55 AM   #21
lotus03
2009 JK Wrangler 

thanks... I appreciate everyones comments
Unread 04-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #22
lotus03
2009 JK Wrangler 

My "living" first phase mod plan updated

for my stock 2009 2 door JK (s package) deepwater blue with 6000 miles.

1) EVO Enforcer Suspension System - this is basic suspension with 3.5 inch lift

2) Mickey Thompson Sidebiter Wheels - size 17x9 has 4.5 back spacing

3) Nitto trail grappler 35x12.50R17LT E 121Q 205-730 21.0 34.84 13.19 8.5-(10.0)-11.0 3195@65 596

4) MBRP exhaust S5518 Black off road tail pipe, muffler before axle

5) re-gear from 3.73 to 5.13 – purchase Front and Rear Gears & Overhaul Kit Package

6) install rear drive shaft

Not sure if I need/should get:

A) JKS adjustable trackbars – front & rear
B) JKS quick discos – Front
C) front & rear lower control arms

Rock On!
Unread 04-22-2010, 08:41 AM   #23
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Comment about the driveshafts. The front driveshaft typically needs replaced before the front. If you think about it, the front is the shorter driveshaft. So as you lift, it is the one that gets the worst angle. Not saying that you won't need to replace the rear, it just won't be as critical as the front. I know guys that have done 3.5" lift and not need to replace the rear.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Quote:
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
Unread 04-23-2010, 06:22 AM   #24
lotus03
2009 JK Wrangler 

noticed that there isnt a general consensus on the 2dr - one vendor told me that rear drive shaft is recommended

also control arms is all over the map - it may be best just to get all of them and not worry about the debate anymore
Unread 04-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #25
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
noticed that there isnt a general consensus on the 2dr - one vendor told me that rear drive shaft is recommended

also control arms is all over the map - it may be best just to get all of them and not worry about the debate anymore
That would definitely be "doing it right the first time, no questions". If budget is not an issue, I would definitely just do it all at once and never think twice about it.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 04-23-2010, 10:15 AM   #26
lotus03
2009 JK Wrangler 

thanks a lot

should I ask my mechanic of choice if they warranty their work - for example the re-gear
Unread 04-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #27
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
thanks a lot

should I ask my mechanic of choice if they warranty their work - for example the re-gear
Re-gearing. Most shops will only warranty for the length that the gear manufacturer warrants the gears. And the gear manufacturers typically do like 60 or 90 days on the gears. The shops typically won't warranty beyond that because if the gear fails (from a manufacturer defect) beyond that period, then the shop is stuck footing the bill for new gears.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 04-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #28
lotus03
2009 JK Wrangler 

My "living" first phase mod plan updated

stock 2009 2 door JK (s package) deepwater blue with 6000 miles.

1) EVO Enforcer 2.5 (w/ 2.5" Diameter EVO SPEC King Remote Reservoir Shocks)(this is 3.5" lift)

a) EVO Plush Coils combined with EVO SPEC 2.5" with Reservoir Shocks
b) Front Adjustable Lower Control Arms
c) Rear Roll Center correction trackbar bracket
d) Brake line Extensions
e) Front and Rear Bump stop Extension

2) Keep Stock wheels - 17"x7.5" - coat & paint them

3) Nitto trail grappler 35x12.50R17LT E 121Q 205-730 21.0 34.84 13.19 8.5-(10.0)-11.0 3195@65 596

4) MBRP exhaust S5518 Black off road tail pipe, muffler before axle

5) re-gear from 3.73 to 5.13 – purchase Front and Rear Gears & Overhaul Kit Package

6) JKS rear upper control arms

7) JKS adjustable trackbars Front

8) JKS Rear Trackbar Brace

9) Tom Woods 1310 front & rear drive shafts (considering)

10) Spidertrax spacers (possibly..need to confirm)

Rock On!

Last edited by lotus03; 04-23-2010 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: newbie
Unread 04-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #29
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

pretty sweet grocery list there! I would be happy with that

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 04-23-2010, 03:09 PM   #30
lotus03
2009 JK Wrangler 

thanks man

forgot about spacers cause im gonna use the stock wheels

Last edited by lotus03; 04-23-2010 at 03:48 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.