Can I rent JK Rubi in Moab? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Can I rent JK Rubi in Moab?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 09-19-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
Meir10

Can I rent JK Rubi in Moab?

I plan a trip in Moab, does any body know were can I rent a JK Rubi for 3-4 days?

Meir10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #2
Northsidejeepin
2008 JK Wrangler 

Have you tried hurtz or any common rental place?
Northsidejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

im not aware of any rental place that leaves the 4x4 in opertaing order on the jeeps they rent. They are usually disabled some how.
there is a jeep rental place in moab Ill pull the info for you. I know the guy pretty good.
Unread 09-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Farrabee`s is where you want to rent. I cannot find the phone number.
Unread 09-19-2008, 12:21 PM   #5
jdrogers
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasJeep View Post
im not aware of any rental place that leaves the 4x4 in opertaing order on the jeeps they rent. They are usually disabled some how.
I rented one in Kauai this summer from National... 4x4 worked fine, lots of nice trails above the Na Pali coast. And they never asked how it got so muddy!
jdrogers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #6
jdrogers
2002 WJ 

Duplicate...
jdrogers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2008, 12:35 PM   #7
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

here you go

http://www.moabjeeprentals.com/
Unread 09-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #8
rlabbott
2012 WK 

I just rented on in Salt Lake

I just reserved one from Rugged Rental in Salt Lake City. It's a stocker 4 door. Got it for the week.

My wife and I want to explore serveral places including Moab. We tend to like the milder trails, so I think we'll enjoy the stocker, and we'll love having the freedom panels off for the road/trail driving the rest of the trip. (If you rent in Moab, I think you can easily get 2.5 in. lifted Rubi's. That would be better for the wheelin part, depending on the trials you like. But then you might get stuck in a regular rental car for the rest of your trip, depending on where you fly into.)

Note: I have not picked it up yet, we go in a few weeks. I'll report back on my experience with Rugged Rental after I complete the rental.
rlabbott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2008, 01:15 PM   #9
wil badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasJeep View Post
there is a jeep rental place in moab Ill pull the info for you. I know the guy pretty good.
There are several in Moab that rent Tj's with working 4 wheel drive. They will even go so far as to hand you a map of local trails they recommend. Now as for renting Jk's I don't know if they have purchased any yet but I'm sure they have.

As well as the link above there is also

Cliff Hangers

Canyon Lands

Moab tour company

There are a few others but they can get pricey. Just make sure that you get the insurance plan as well. Enjoy your stay in Moab and enjoy the trails. Please drive responsibly while there and respect the land you are on. If you need a guide feel free to PM me and I can get you intouch with some one who might be willing.
Unread 09-19-2008, 02:15 PM   #10
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil badger View Post
There are several in Moab that rent Tj's with working 4 wheel drive. They will even go so far as to hand you a map of local trails they recommend. Now as for renting Jk's I don't know if they have purchased any yet but I'm sure they have.

As well as the link above there is also

Cliff Hangers

Canyon Lands

Moab tour company

There are a few others but they can get pricey. Just make sure that you get the insurance plan as well. Enjoy your stay in Moab and enjoy the trails. Please drive responsibly while there and respect the land you are on. If you need a guide feel free to PM me and I can get you intouch with some one who might be willing.

I meant major rental places, Hertz, enterprise etc.

I posted the best place to rent form in Moab 3 posts up, THey have a fleet of new JK Rubicons.
Unread 09-19-2008, 02:33 PM   #11
wil badger

I have rented a truck or two from a major rental agency and the 4 wheel drive worked just fine. As for you posting a link I know you did and I even said so. I was simple posting more places to rent Jeeps from.

Last edited by wil badger; 09-19-2008 at 03:35 PM..
wil badger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #12
2008redrockjk
1994 XJ Cherokee 

As others have said, there are numerous places to rent Jeeps in Moab (having rented a Jeep JK in Moab just this summer). You will see them as you drive thru Moab. Canyonlands and Farabees had numerous JK's for rent. (I believe Farabees only had JK's when we were there). Most of the other places had TJ's. I personally rented a Rubi JK from Farabees and was satisfied with the experience and help I received. They will tell you how to get to the trails, give you maps of the trails and will suggest trails based on your driving skill. I believe full day rentals were ~$130-220 (depending on make and lift) without tire/glass insurance. I had a blast running some easy trails, Fins and Things and Pucker Pass- beautiful scenery. Most trails I was directed to were nearly 3-4 hour runs- so take food and water with you.

1994 Jeep Cherokee
4.5 RE Lift
31" Firestone MT's
AJ's Rockers
2008redrockjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2008, 04:32 PM   #13
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil badger View Post
I have rented a truck or two from a major rental agency and the 4 wheel drive worked just fine. As for you posting a link I know you did and I even said so. I was simple posting more places to rent Jeeps from.
Like I said Jeeps, 4x4 systems are disconnected at most major rental places. They jeeps are the ones going off road... not a half ton truck
Unread 09-20-2008, 06:55 AM   #14
Meir10

Thank you all.
My plan is to be there in November - during a businees trip im the uS - will it be to cold?
Is there a nice place for off raod trail in the east coast?
Meir10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.