Camp Jeep 2006 reports - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Camp Jeep 2006 reports

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-17-2006, 07:23 PM   #16
WranglerTom
2005 LJ Wrangler 

MuddyJeepZJ is referring to the people that rode along with you in the Jeep Off-Road Course (the course where you drive a Jeep-supplied vehicle on an off-road course they built). These people were mostly comprised of college kids who were making money for school. The actual trail guides (where you drive your vehicle) drove a variety of Jeep vehicles, including TJs, KJs, CJ,s and even a couple flat fenders.

Jeeperman front and rear bumpers, ORO taillights
Skid Row steering and engine skids
AEV Bridger wheels and Toyo Open Country M/T tires--much more to come!
WranglerTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2006, 09:13 PM   #17
HarvinJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginwagon406
Got to drive a 4D Rubicon JK @ CJ yesterday. Let's just say it high centered just about everywhere on the course.

The rear windows don't roll down from what I saw. Overall, the seats feel much flatter than my TJ (which I would not consider all that comfortable for the 8 hour drive to Elk Hart Lake.) The interior room feels larger as well so I thinking increased front area for even worse fuel economy.

The front "skid plate" or fascia is plastic as are the bumpers

Can't really comment on power when you are only creeping along. On another show JK with a 6sp, the clutch felt feather soft.

Would I buy one...probably and promptly lift it at least 6" and put on some 34-35" tires.

HTH
Mike
Rear windows do roll down. I am not sure what you found on thr course to high center it on.

If you ran Trail 4, 5, or 6. you will know the rock pil at the end of TR5 (all three were run in a series). I drove one over the pile on Saturday during the 10am Trail 4 ride (I talked the Engineer out of it after taking her over the pile in my Rubi). One nice thing about guiding at events like that. Also the torque curves are all but the same for the 3.8L and the 4.0L. If you went to one of the round tables they were showing them off, and if asked in the engineering tent they were also.

HJ
HarvinJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2006, 09:16 PM   #18
HarvinJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherkoeeTom
MuddyJeepZJ is referring to the people that rode along with you in the Jeep Off-Road Course (the course where you drive a Jeep-supplied vehicle on an off-road course they built). These people were mostly comprised of college kids who were making money for school. The actual trail guides (where you drive your vehicle) drove a variety of Jeep vehicles, including TJs, KJs, CJ,s and even a couple flat fenders.
That is correct. The Trail Guides that guide you out on the trails (from The Staging area) must own a Jeep to guide.
Unread 08-18-2006, 09:53 PM   #19
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

yeah when I took the Compass test drive, got interviewed on camera, etc no one owned a Jeep. Of course the guides had Jeeps.
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2006, 11:17 PM   #20
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvinJeep
Rear windows do roll down. I am not sure what you found on thr course to high center it on.

If you ran Trail 4, 5, or 6. you will know the rock pil at the end of TR5 (all three were run in a series). I drove one over the pile on Saturday during the 10am Trail 4 ride (I talked the Engineer out of it after taking her over the pile in my Rubi). One nice thing about guiding at events like that. Also the torque curves are all but the same for the 3.8L and the 4.0L. If you went to one of the round tables they were showing them off, and if asked in the engineering tent they were also.

HJ
Do you happen to have access to the comparison torque curves for the 3.8 and 4.0??
cab76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2006, 08:06 AM   #21
HarvinJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab76
Do you happen to have access to the comparison torque curves for the 3.8 and 4.0??
I dont have them in hand but I can send an email to a friend who is one of the engineers and see if she can send me a copy. She only had one copy with her when she was on the trail with my group and couldnt pass it off. I will send her an email and see what I can do.
Unread 08-19-2006, 09:56 AM   #22
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvinJeep
I dont have them in hand but I can send an email to a friend who is one of the engineers and see if she can send me a copy. She only had one copy with her when she was on the trail with my group and couldnt pass it off. I will send her an email and see what I can do.
That would be very much appreciated! A lot of people have been curious to see this comparison.
cab76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.