Camp Jeep 2006 reports - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Camp Jeep 2006 reports

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-09-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
metfan34
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Camp Jeep 2006 reports

For those of you attending Camp Jeep this week we all expect full reports, pictures, videos, etc... of the new 2007 JK Wranglers and other activities. Get some good footage, we are counting on you.... You will be the lucky few who get to see and test the new JK in person before the rest of us, so let us know the scoop....

metfan34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2006, 08:44 PM   #2
metfan34
1998 TJ Wrangler 

????????? jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
metfan34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2006, 07:42 PM   #3
03jeeper78

Actually, I saw a few 07's in the owner parking lot this morning... somehow people have gotten ahold of them already. Unfortunately, I can't walk to any spot where I could video a JK on anything other than level ground... unless I happen to see one in the owner's playground which is a longshot.
BSMCCEP Club Member #45
Stock: 4.0L I6:5-speed:3.07 gears:D35 with Trac-Loc:15x7 Ecco wheels:Dual Top Group
Mods: 30x9.5 BFG A-T T/A KO's:JKS Quicker disconnects:Rock-It Man rocker guards:Jeep Medic oil pan/tranny skid:Kilby steering skid:Warn D30 diff guard:C4x4 D35 diff guard:Rusty's radiator guard:Skid Row LCA skids:SilverStar headlights and fogs:Hidden Hitch class III receiver:Old Realistic 40ch CB:2' Firestik II:Arizona Rocky Road tailgate antenna mount
Next : Jeeperman rear bumper

'06 Candy Orange Honda Shadow Spirit 750
03jeeper78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2006, 07:55 PM   #4
WranglerTom
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I saw them, too. One of the guy's was driving with his family owns a Chrysler/Jeep dealership in Michigan. It was the first one he received for his lot and he promptly brought it to Camp Jeep. Another one was purchased by someone in Wisconsin just a few days ago and he brought the JK instead of his TJ. I saw one Jeep's loaner JK 4 door Rubicons in the owners' playground today. See Rocky529's Second Update at Camp Jeep for a more in-depth story.
Jeeperman front and rear bumpers, ORO taillights
Skid Row steering and engine skids
AEV Bridger wheels and Toyo Open Country M/T tires--much more to come!
WranglerTom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2006, 06:34 PM   #5
dragginwagon406
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got to drive a 4D Rubicon JK @ CJ yesterday. Let's just say it high centered just about everywhere on the course.

The rear windows don't roll down from what I saw. Overall, the seats feel much flatter than my TJ (which I would not consider all that comfortable for the 8 hour drive to Elk Hart Lake.) The interior room feels larger as well so I thinking increased front area for even worse fuel economy.

The front "skid plate" or fascia is plastic as are the bumpers

Can't really comment on power when you are only creeping along. On another show JK with a 6sp, the clutch felt feather soft.

Would I buy one...probably and promptly lift it at least 6" and put on some 34-35" tires.

HTH
Mike
dragginwagon406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2006, 07:19 PM   #6
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginwagon406
The rear windows don't roll down from what I saw.
In the rear doors? Yes, they do.

In the sides of the hard top? No, they don't, but we have no reason to expect them to.
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2006, 10:41 PM   #7
dragginwagon406
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyc
In the rear doors? Yes, they do.
The one I saw appeared to have electric in the front doors but I did not see so much as a handle or switch on the back door? What gives?
dragginwagon406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2006, 11:24 PM   #8
jobusu

Unless I'm mistaken, the switches for the rear windows are actually on the rear portion of the center console. Has something to do with the electrical ramifications of removing the power window equipped doors.
jobusu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #9
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobusu
Unless I'm mistaken, the switches for the rear windows are actually on the rear portion of the center console. Has something to do with the electrical ramifications of removing the power window equipped doors.
You are correct. To remove the doors, you first have to remove some interior trim to access the wiring harness.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2006, 08:26 PM   #10
mmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky529
You are correct. To remove the doors, you first have to remove some interior trim to access the wiring harness.
You just unplug a connection similar to the one that you disconnect when you remove your hardtop. You don't have to remove any trim to access it.
Unread 08-15-2006, 08:24 AM   #11
mossimo19
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey fellas! My friends and I test drove the KJ's at Camp Jeep this past weekend. It was kinda funny because my friend and I took turns driving it and he went all over the rocks and it was a pretty nice ride. There were no vent's in the back seat so that kinda sucked. But when it was my turn to drive, I drove all over the rocks that were out of bounds on the trails. The guide was pretty kool, he was a local guy from MI (Lapeer). He told us to do what we wanted just as long as we don't hit a tree. I think I beat on it pretty good cuz when I pulled over to get out the other guides were asking our guide where we went. I thought those other giudes were just joking around but they were pulling branches and leaves from the front and that plastic skid plate fell off. I almost hit a tree too when I was trying go over some of those rocks on the side of the trails...
Unread 08-15-2006, 10:10 PM   #12
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Most of the people at Camp Jeep (the guides.) Didn't even own Jeeps.
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2006, 10:16 PM   #13
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmp
You just unplug a connection similar to the one that you disconnect when you remove your hardtop. You don't have to remove any trim to access it.
You have to remove trim in order to un-plug the harness and remove the checkstrap on the rear doors of the 2007 Wrangler.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2006, 11:11 PM   #14
mmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky529
You have to remove trim in order to un-plug the harness and remove the checkstrap on the rear doors of the 2007 Wrangler.
Oh I only looked at the front doors. I figured the rear was the same set up.
Unread 08-17-2006, 04:15 PM   #15
yellj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyJeepZJ
Most of the people at Camp Jeep (the guides.) Didn't even own Jeeps.
???????? All the guides supply thier own Jeeps.
04 Unlimited RE SF 4.5", 1" MORE BL and MML, ARB Bull Bar, AR23 15x8, 35x12.5 MTRs, Jeep Medic Engine and T/F Skid, Shrockworks Rockers, Warn 9.5ti, AA SYE, ARBs, 4.88s and Alloy USA Shafts, HPD30 w JJs 1967 M416

www.midatlanticjeepers.com
yellj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.