call me old school - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > call me old school

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-15-2006, 11:12 PM   #16
flagstaffjeeper

well, while i may personally not like it all that much, i am sure it will sell like gangbusters. i think the side-saddle gas tank is a huge liability, and that particular feature may prove to be short-lived. i also don't like the swept grill, the three-piece top (hello leaks!), the plastic fenders, and the fact that in the photos that i have seen, it is not stamped with the jeep label on the lower part of the front quarter panel. at the same time, i am curious as to the performance of the new motor, and everyone has to admit that the long wheelbase is intriguing when it comes down to considering the possibilities of engine and tranny swaps in a couple of years. while the concept of a 4-door convertible with a folding windshield is 60+ years old (thanks, Volkswagen!), i'll reserve judgment on the vehicle as a whole for at least the first couple of years. besides, my wife loves it, and if i want to continue down the road of owning jeeps, something like this may be in my future. i keep telling myself that i need to learn to embrace change.......

Previous Jeep: 1981 CJ7, 4.2L, Muncie SM465, Dana 300 t/c, Dana 30 Front, AMC 20 Rear
flagstaffjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2006, 05:42 PM   #17
ieatchickens
1998 TJ Wrangler 

You should go further back if you want to thank someone for the 4 door convertible. Heck, back in the day almost all were convertibles! Below is a 30' Ford.

98' SE, Chili Pepper Red, grizzly wheels, 126AA/103AA to 129AA/105AA coil swap, 3/4" spacer, 31 Yoko Geolander AT, soft top, rear view mirror turned upside down, door straps twisted, rubicon wipers, optional factory rear sway bar, doors & top on.
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club Member #1
06' Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 liter V8
99' Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 liter V8
ieatchickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2006, 06:59 PM   #18
solarpower
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush
I read these threads, and wonder to myself...if the internet existed in 87 when the YJ came out, what all the CJ owners would have said about wranglers having square headlights.

I bet jeepers would have been in an absolute uproar over a new-fangled YJ with its square headlights and plastic dashboard!

40 years of roundies...and now SQUARE! BLASPHEMY!!!!

Now Yj's are just as "real" as any other Jeep.

The '07 will be no different.
While the internet was'nt what it is today...I know for a fact that there was a huge uproar by the Jeep community. Why do think TJ's and every jeep on that platform will always and forever have round headlights. I live 2 miles from the jeep factory, you can believe me on this.

I personally like some of the improvemnts that will be on the JK, but the grill... and the taillights are too un-CJ ish for me.
Unread 05-16-2006, 08:20 PM   #19
ODAMO
2008 JK Wrangler 

My first post

I've been reading all the info available with excitement and anticipation. I can't wait to see one, And I really think the 4 door will be my next truck. I really think it hits the mark for Utility, Function, and Solid good looks. I don't think it's any less JEEP than any of the earliar jeeps, afterall all vehicles have evolved.
With 116" wb, Dana 44s, 4:1 transfer case, lockers, 4 doors, and V6 economy...I'm sold. If and when I get my Rubi. I will be smiling like a kid again I just hope the pricing for the Rubi. is not too high. They should make it available with 15" or 16" steel wheels.
Anyway, count me in. I'm as excited as I was when I bought my Scout II back in 78
ODAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 01:16 AM   #20
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonandson
sorry guys....mine has no plastic bumpers. i know when to throw in the towel.i'm sure there is someone out here that shares some of my principles. i will admit, even with my employees....change does not go over too well. i still think it looks like a liberty.

I'm with you dude, I dont have plastic bumpers either, these guys are nuts.
Unread 05-17-2006, 03:13 AM   #21
claytonandson
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

glad to see afew with similars feel for the new wrangler. by the way, i never liked the square headlights on the yj. i skipped those years just because of that. cm
claytonandson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 03:15 AM   #22
claytonandson
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAMO
I've been reading all the info available with excitement and anticipation. I can't wait to see one, And I really think the 4 door will be my next truck. I really think it hits the mark for Utility, Function, and Solid good looks. I don't think it's any less JEEP than any of the earliar jeeps, afterall all vehicles have evolved.
With 116" wb, Dana 44s, 4:1 transfer case, lockers, 4 doors, and V6 economy...I'm sold. If and when I get my Rubi. I will be smiling like a kid again I just hope the pricing for the Rubi. is not too high. They should make it available with 15" or 16" steel wheels.
Anyway, count me in. I'm as excited as I was when I bought my Scout II back in 78
oh its gonna be pricy. ive read some of the base msrp's to be around 21 to 22 g's.
Unread 05-17-2006, 05:53 AM   #23
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The '07 Wrangler is a little softer, and it is going to sell well. I am glad I bought my '06!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 05:53 AM   #24
Dan-O

I donít hate the JK, but it has lost some of the Jeepness design. I know the 4-door will have its fans, but it changes the looks of the basic Wrangler into a SUV even more. Some of the changes are due to federal regulations, and some are due to automotive design trends. Iím not going to rule out owning a new JK someday, but Iím going to wait for at least two to three years, until then Iíll just keep jeeping along in my TJ.
Dan-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 06:12 AM   #25
ieatchickens
1998 TJ Wrangler 

IMO, I think we are starting to see where the Wrangler is going, bigger and bigger. Reminds me of the demise of the old Ford Bronco. Ford managed to to screw that one up pretty bad.

77 Bronco:

78 Bronco
98' SE, Chili Pepper Red, grizzly wheels, 126AA/103AA to 129AA/105AA coil swap, 3/4" spacer, 31 Yoko Geolander AT, soft top, rear view mirror turned upside down, door straps twisted, rubicon wipers, optional factory rear sway bar, doors & top on.
Unread 05-17-2006, 06:26 AM   #26
claytonandson
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

know what ya mean. i gotta 66 bronc, and will never part w/ it.
Unread 05-17-2006, 09:17 AM   #27
keithert
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatchickens
IMO, I think we are starting to see where the Wrangler is going, bigger and bigger. Reminds me of the demise of the old Ford Bronco. Ford managed to to screw that one up pretty bad.

77 Bronco:

78 Bronco
A guy in my 4wd club owns a classic Bronco. He once told me that Ford sold more Broncos in 1978 then they sold in all the previous years combined. If that's true Ford doesn't think they screwed up
keithert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 04:28 PM   #28
ieatchickens
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithert
A guy in my 4wd club owns a classic Bronco. He once told me that Ford sold more Broncos in 1978 then they sold in all the previous years combined. If that's true Ford doesn't think they screwed up

I guarantee they would have sold more if the would have offered the full size 78' style AND the 77' short wheelbased Bronco. The Bronco was Ford's only sport ute.

If you want extra size in Jeep you can always go Liberty, Grand Cherokee or even a Commander. Why make the wrangler something its not?
Unread 05-17-2006, 04:50 PM   #29
Bgeddes
Ridin' with the King

Quote:
I will be looking forward for the fuel cell /electric Wrangler to buy for my retirement
Screw that I want a 4:1 transfer, D44s, 5 sp and a CRD.
Unread 05-17-2006, 08:21 PM   #30
The_'ster
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep has to adapt and keep up with the times and what the majority of it's buyers want and thats more comfort, new styling, and better efficency engines. Just look at what happened to the Indian motorcycles. They were outstanding machines, but they never updated the bikes or put new technology into them, and eventually H-D surpassed them in sales and Indian perished.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.