C2204 - Dynamic (yaw) Sensor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > C2204 - Dynamic (yaw) Sensor

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
Gomofast
2008 JK Wrangler 

C2204 - Dynamic (yaw) Sensor

My jeep has code C2204 stored (Dynamic Sensor Interior) and the ESP BAS and traction control lights on. The wheel sensors look ok and the wheel is straight. My trusted mechanic says the sensor is showing a reading of -2 G (or maybe -0.2, I forget). He tipped the Jeep in different directions with his lift, but the sensor remained at the same reading no matter what. I'm assuming that means that the sensor is bad and should be replaced. Does that sound correct? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

98 TJ Sport, 4" Rough Country Lift, homemade discos,
35" BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM's, 4.56 gears, Detroit Truetrac
up front, factory Trac-Lok out back,Warn M8274 8000lb
winch, York OBA, rock guards, custom intake, 48" HI Lift.
Gomofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like a stuck sensor to me....if he has the stuff to measure that info, I would tend to believe him until proven otherwise.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
Gomofast
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Anybody know if that sensor is just a simple swap or if it needs some sort of calibration?

Unread 02-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #4
LIJeepJC
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomofast
My jeep has code C2204 stored (Dynamic Sensor Interior) and the ESP BAS and traction control lights on. The wheel sensors look ok and the wheel is straight. My trusted mechanic says the sensor is showing a reading of -2 G (or maybe -0.2, I forget). He tipped the Jeep in different directions with his lift, but the sensor remained at the same reading no matter what. I'm assuming that means that the sensor is bad and should be replaced. Does that sound correct? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Tipping the jeep without motion may not simulate a real world test. I would think this sensor works with others that record wheel speed, engine speed,... Etc... Just my $.02
LIJeepJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 06:42 AM   #5
Gomofast
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIJeepJC View Post
Tipping the jeep without motion may not simulate a real world test. I would think this sensor works with others that record wheel speed, engine speed,... Etc... Just my $.02
Yeah I was thinking about that also. That's why I'm still seeking feedback. I've seen lots of posts on here about the ESP/BAS & Traction control lights, but nobody seems to be mentioning code C2204 being stored in conjunction, so that's why I'm trying to see if I have more going on than just the usual suspects.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.