Buying question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Buying question

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
jenniferjeep
2010 JK Wrangler 

Buying question

I'm intrested in buying a 4 door rubicon. Is there any year that is better or a year to stay away from?

Thanks

jenniferjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
04WJfreedom
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferjeep
I'm intrested in buying a 4 door rubicon. Is there any year that is better or a year to stay away from?

Thanks
Well 07 to 2011 have the 3.8L motor and the 2012 and newer have the newer 3.6L motor that has more power and better gas mileage by a little bit. But some people are having problems with heads going on the 2012 and newer motors. I have a 2012 with 35k miles on it with no problems at all yet. So it really comes down to how much you want spend. I think all the rubicons are great, not really any year that I would stay away from.
4:88 Yukon gears
KOR Drive shafts
04WJfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

The auto in the 012+ is LIGHT years ahead of the 011 down.
Unread 07-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
suicideking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Agree with above -- get a '12 or newer. The '14's are about to come out.

The only major issue I know about with the older JK's is that some of the early 07's (non-rubicon) came with a Dana 35 in the rear (instead of a D44).
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #5
DuckRunner09
2012 JK Wrangler 

I can't speak for the Rubicon but my 12 sport with 33s has more zip and slightly better mileage than my friends 10 sport on stock 28s... Almost 5k and no problems mechanically. I think the head problem was more with the April 2012 and earlier. After owning a 12I don't think I could ever enjoy an 11 or later.
Unread 07-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #6
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

depends on how much you want to spend. i have a 2008jku sahara and 2012 bare bones wrangler. on the street the 2012 is light years ahead of the 08 jku. but i have driven the jku from north jersey to orlando many times. average 20mpg and able to keep up with traffic. 3.8 engine does use a bit of oil and some are know to self destruct and others known to well over 200000 miles. why is it you want the rubi. eiher way, yu should be happy with either.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #7
jenniferjeep
2010 JK Wrangler 

I want the Dana 44's. That way I'm ahaid of the build.
jenniferjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.