Bumper weight and loss of lift? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Bumper weight and loss of lift?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #16
Coolcatracing
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm waiting on those sales to buy my bumper. Many other brands are much more expensive out here and when they do those sales its an even sweeter deal. I can't run their fenders out here and I already have side steps so the usual things they throw in I'll just sell on Craigslist to recoup some of the cost.

08 Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed, 315/70-16 Kelly TSR, 1.5" Spidertrax spacers factory Moab's, Rubicon Express Flex arm 3.5" lift, Smittybilt XRC front bumper with D-rings, Body Armor Extreme rock slider steps, AEV snorkel, trimmed fender flares, Hella 8" HID driving lights
Coolcatracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #17
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedatya View Post
I tried a search but again. No real threads or my wording isn't right.

I'm looking at the smittybilt src bumpers front and back. The stock bumpers I assume are light even with the fogs. So will after market bumper add weight enough that ride height is noticeably lower? I understand that they are metal and more rugged but I don't want to have a lowered jeep

The src look to be a stubby and rear looks fairly light

I don't want it any lower than it is lol.
With a quality lift you won't experience much sag. I have a Teraflex 4" kit and with their front bumper and a Warn Powerplant winch it only sags a measured 5/16". With cheap springs it may be a different situation.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #18
Brightwhite
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've got a 2.5 in coil lift and the SB SRC front and rear bumpers and did not get any sag. Like one other said, with a winch and armor you could get a little possibly.
Brightwhite is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.