Bumper weight and loss of lift? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Bumper weight and loss of lift?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 09-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #16
Coolcatracing
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm waiting on those sales to buy my bumper. Many other brands are much more expensive out here and when they do those sales its an even sweeter deal. I can't run their fenders out here and I already have side steps so the usual things they throw in I'll just sell on Craigslist to recoup some of the cost.

08 Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed, 315/70-16 Kelly TSR, 1.5" Spidertrax spacers factory Moab's, Rubicon Express Flex arm 3.5" lift, Smittybilt XRC front bumper with D-rings, Body Armor Extreme rock slider steps, AEV snorkel, trimmed fender flares, Hella 8" HID driving lights
Coolcatracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #17
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedatya View Post
I tried a search but again. No real threads or my wording isn't right.

I'm looking at the smittybilt src bumpers front and back. The stock bumpers I assume are light even with the fogs. So will after market bumper add weight enough that ride height is noticeably lower? I understand that they are metal and more rugged but I don't want to have a lowered jeep

The src look to be a stubby and rear looks fairly light

I don't want it any lower than it is lol.
With a quality lift you won't experience much sag. I have a Teraflex 4" kit and with their front bumper and a Warn Powerplant winch it only sags a measured 5/16". With cheap springs it may be a different situation.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #18
Brightwhite
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've got a 2.5 in coil lift and the SB SRC front and rear bumpers and did not get any sag. Like one other said, with a winch and armor you could get a little possibly.
Brightwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.