Bumper Sag with Mopar Offroad Bumper/Winch? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Bumper Sag with Mopar Offroad Bumper/Winch?

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-11-2007, 08:44 AM   #1
rchs.band

Bumper Sag with Mopar Offroad Bumper/Winch?

I installed the rear Mopar Offroad Bumper and love it...

Now, I want to install the front Mopar Offroad Bumper and add a winch down the road. Will this cause any bumper sag? If so, what can I do and how hard is it to make right?

Thanks!

Unread 09-11-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
wrnglrguy
2008 JK Wrangler 

The weight might cause the springs to sag a little. If it does, a cheap easy way to fix it would be 3/4" spring spacers in the front. That might require you to change shocks up front (to account for the longer travel), but I doubt it since you will have the winch on there. I am lifting my Jeep next month and will be adding the spacers up front at that time so when I do add the winch, it won't sag.
wrnglrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2007, 10:23 AM   #3
BrettDez
2012 JK Wrangler 

I do have that bumper and a winch installed. I have a 3/4" to 1" sag right now. Where can I order these spacers you mentioned? ANd how difficult or easy is the install? The sag is noticable because I park my 07 Rubicon right next to another 07 Rubicon, easy to spot my sag, lol.
"The Smurf": --Pic 1-- --Pic 2-- --Pic 3-- --Pic 4--
Previous Jeeps: --2007 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon-- --2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ Rubicon-- --1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ--
BrettDez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2007, 11:42 AM   #4
wrnglrguy
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I do have that bumper and a winch installed. I have a 3/4" to 1" sag right now. Where can I order these spacers you mentioned? ANd how difficult or easy is the install? The sag is noticable because I park my 07 Rubicon right next to another 07 Rubicon, easy to spot my sag, lol.
Try these websites. You can Google search 2007 Jeep 3/4" spacers.....

http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catal...h/471_1_36_529

http://www.bizrate.com/automotiveper...520446441.html

http://www.jcwhitney.com/Coil-Spring...cw?TID=8073560
wrnglrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2007, 11:46 AM   #5
jdrogers
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettDez
You can get 3/4" spacers from your local dealer for about $6 each. Just order two additional front coil spring isolators. Stack these on top of the existing ones.

They look like this:

jdrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #6
BrettDez
2012 JK Wrangler 

Would getting stiffer coils instead of adding spacers have any advantage? (If there are any stiffer than the stock rubicon coils)
Previous Jeeps: --2007 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon-- --2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ Rubicon-- --1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ--
Unread 09-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #7
jdrogers
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettDez
Would getting stiffer coils instead of adding spacers have any advantage? (If there are any stiffer than the stock rubicon coils)
Stiffer coils have the advantage of retaining or increasing the suspension travel.

I ended up using stiffer coils on my Rubicon. Adding the bumper with a Superwinch EPi9.0 caused the front to sag 3/4" from stock. I had always felt the front was much lower than the rear on my JK so I replaced the coils with much stiffer ones. Now my front is 2" higher than it was stock. The JK is just about level. The front "looks" a little high so I have some new stiffer rear coils I will be installing soon...
jdrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2007, 03:20 PM   #8
BrettDez
2012 JK Wrangler 

Do you happen to know the part number for the stiffer coils...though I don't really want to be 2" higher than original in the front...anyone know any coils that should bring me back to normal? I want to retain my suspension travel for flexing, but also would like to return to normal height.
Unread 09-11-2007, 06:11 PM   #9
roketman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have the Mopar bumper with a Warn winch. When I had my lift installed, the front end still sagged. A 3/4 spacer leveled it up perfect.
02 Yellow TJ Sport. The axles and transfer case are 2004 Rubicon with Solid diff covers. Rubicon Express 5.5 long arm with Rancho 9000 shocks. PSC hydraulic steering. Poison Spyder tube fenders rockers and crusher corners. Blue Torch Fab front stubby, winch plate, and rear bumper. ORF cage with Rockhard harness bar. Corbeau CR-1 seats with Corbeau 4 point harness. 35" Hankook MTs on Raceline Rock Monster beadlocks. Warn M800 winch.
roketman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.