Bumper Experts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Bumper Experts?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDSave 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!

Unread 07-15-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
sqdnguns
2009 JK Wrangler 

Bumper Experts?

I just picked up my 2009 X a few weeks ago. I spent some time looking for the right one and feel lucky that I found this one. One previous owner, 23k miles, mint condition and it looks like they towed it behind and RV.

As you can see it's an LoD bumper, what I want to do it to keep this bumper but add a winch and a stinger. I'm not to sure what my options are with the existing bumper. I have searched LoD's web site and every off-road site vendor and come up with nada in regards to existing add-ons for this bumper. I have gone over the whole bumper to find any identifying marks to help with the search and there are none.

Am I going to have to do some custom work on this or would I be better off selling/trading it for something else?

Thanks in advance.

sqdnguns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 01:23 AM   #2
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

You could customize it if you have any metal working skills or a friend that's a welder.
I don't think they have any add on parts to easily convert it. Selling it to me and buying one that is already set up for a winch is probibly your best option

JK Adventure is having a meet next week in O.C. You are more that welcome to join us for some burgers and Jeep talk, we could take a look and see what it would take to add a winch to that bumper!
Here's the info > http://www.jk-adventure.com/JKA/even...rs-gears-3632/
This invite goes out to anyone in the L.A./O.C. area

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 03:18 AM   #3
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
This invite goes out to anyone in the L.A./O.C. area
Hmph, sounds like a “stuck-up group”. What’s wrong with San Diegans and us Las Vegans/Henderson’s?
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have the LoD midwidth with the winch and front hoop. The winch plate is separate from the main bumper so depending on the mounting of yours you may be able to get one from LoD and cut the top of the bumper. Merely speculation though , I would contact them and find out for sure. The last time I talked to them they were friendly and answered every question and dealt with my minor ocd.

There are a few picts. of the bumper with and without the winch in my build thread.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #5
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
Here's the info > http://www.jk-adventure.com/JKA/even...rs-gears-3632/
This invite goes out to anyone in the L.A./O.C./L.V/Henderson/... anyone that wants to come, area
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Hmph, sounds like a “stuck-up group”. What’s wrong with San Diegans and us Las Vegans/Henderson’s?
Got the point!
Fixed

Visit the EnviroBeat
Unread 07-17-2013, 01:32 AM   #6
sqdnguns
2009 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the feedback, I see if i can make it on Saturday, the wife may have other plans that I'm not aware of yet!
sqdnguns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 01:46 AM   #7
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdnguns View Post
Thanks for the feedback, I see if i can make it on Saturday, the wife may have other plans that I'm not aware of yet!
It would be great to have you there though you may want to look again, the O.C. meet is on Wednesday the 24th.

Visit the EnviroBeat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.