Budget boost or just wait - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Budget boost or just wait

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 07-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
Ibanez0154

Budget boost or just wait

I was debating doing a BB to give my rig some more ground clearance. Obviously my budget is tight for this right now. Is it worth to do a BB or should I just wait to do a 2.5" lift. Also, if I did a BB, could I do a lift on top of that?

Ibanez0154 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 12:52 AM   #2
SilverStreaker
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've had the 2.5" bb from Teraflex for over a year and have not had any issues. My plan has been to upgrade parts as needed and I just had to order a synergy drag link but that's all I've had to get so far. On my list is upgraded shocks, heavy duty track bar and other parts that would have come with a complete lift but like I said its been a year and I've been able to spend the money saved on a lot of other "essentials" for my jeep.

My Wife's Jeep - 2007 Grand Cherokee - only mod - K&N Cold Air Intake system
SilverStreaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 01:20 AM   #3
CJATE

I'm in the middle of a BB. Tires and wheels are the expensive part.

Just get wheels and 33's, when they are slick, then do lift and 37's

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
35's, fenders cut
bad paint
leaks just about everything
CJATE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStreaker View Post
I've had the 2.5" bb from Teraflex for over a year and have not had any issues. My plan has been to upgrade parts as needed and I just had to order a synergy drag link but that's all I've had to get so far. On my list is upgraded shocks, heavy duty track bar and other parts that would have come with a complete lift but like I said its been a year and I've been able to spend the money saved on a lot of other "essentials" for my jeep.
the synergy drag link is a FLIP drag link. You will need to drill the knuckle side out or ream that. You must also raise the trackbar mount UP to keep the relation of the two parallel. If not BUMP steer will be a issue.

If you added a BB on top of say a 2.5 spring you are now at 4.5 lift and will need MANY things. cardan drive shafts. track bars the list grows as the lift goes up.
Unread 07-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
ncb

I'm thinking about purchasing the Synergy DL. I thought the instructions stated it can be installed in stock configuration vs. being flipped.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
SilverStreaker
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
I'm thinking about purchasing the Synergy DL. I thought the instructions stated it can be installed in stock configuration vs. being flipped.
You are correct. I will be installing mine in the Stock configuration.

My Wife's Jeep - 2007 Grand Cherokee - only mod - K&N Cold Air Intake system
SilverStreaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you can, start off with coil springs. It's better to start with a coil and fine tune with a spacer.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #8
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

If you ever plan on upgrading, go with coils.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
Ibanez0154

Thanks for the feed back everyone. I'm still undecided on what to do.
Ibanez0154 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #10
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
the synergy drag link is a FLIP drag link. You will need to drill the knuckle side out or ream that. You must also raise the trackbar mount UP to keep the relation of the two parallel. If not BUMP steer will be a issue.

If you added a BB on top of say a 2.5 spring you are now at 4.5 lift and will need MANY things. cardan drive shafts. track bars the list grows as the lift goes up.
You don't have to flip it. You can use it in the stock position. As long as your drag link is parallel with your track bar or pretty close.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.