Breather tube Extensions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Breather tube Extensions

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Breather tube Extensions

If i were to tie all my breather tubes into a single hose and run that hose into my air intake box so i dont have to worry about my breathers taking on water:

1. Do i have to worry about my components mixing fluids when the fluid expands possibly into the single tube. ex: the transfer case and rear diff mixing fluids?

2. Are the only breathers that need relocated are the axles?

3. If i don't have to worry about extending my transfer case breather do i have to worry about getting water in it?

toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Jeep+jk+breather+extension

There ya go, did most of the work for you already!

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

O wow, thanks i didnt know i could do that.
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicwaste29 View Post
O wow, thanks i didnt know i could do that.
Obviously you did not. You're welcome.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
If i were to tie all my breather tubes into a single hose and run that hose into my air intake box so i dont have to worry about my breathers taking on water:

1. Do i have to worry about my components mixing fluids when the fluid expands possibly into the single tube. ex: the transfer case and rear diff mixing fluids?

2. Are the only breathers that need relocated are the axles?

3. If i don't have to worry about extending my transfer case breather do i have to worry about getting water in it?
1) Yes, keep the hoses separate.

2) No, you have a breather on the transfercase. The breather's end is behind the engine on the fire wall. It starts on top of the T-case.

3) See above.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Do i only have to worry about keeping my transfer case and axle hoses separate or do all three need to be separated?
Unread 09-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
Rooster76
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hopefully this will help you out

I decided to post a write-up a couple weeks back being the sparse amount of threads about extending the breathers. This video I made will show you the locations on a manual to extend. The auto also has a breather on the transmission to extend.

MY WRITE-UP
The JK forum has a touch more info on how I extended the front, but that's pretty obvious. If your not a member of that forum and cannot see the pictures, then the wrangler forum has all the info you need.

JK-FORUM MEMBER CHECK THIS ONE OUT
http://www.jk-forum.com/jk-write-ups...al-2dr-246787/

NO - DON'T SWEAT IT CHECK THIS ONE OUT (same info)
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/ext...se-185089.html
Unread 09-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
Rooster76
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Do i only have to worry about keeping my transfer case and axle hoses separate or do all three need to be separated?
If you have the proper fluid levels it probably doesn't matter either way. If you have an aftermarket differential cover it can be more of an issue. Those are easier to overfill with diff fluid that can escape through the tubes. It's a good idea not to relocate the breathers over something really hot, like the manifold, just in case some oil was to escape.

WHY CONNECT THEM IN THE FIST PLACE
Personally I would just keep them all separate. It will use way less hose, and there is no good reason to connect them unless your running them into the air box (like the river raider kit). I also think that is a bit pointless unless your trying to make a submarine. If your playing in water that high you should really change your oils (and probably electronics) afterward anyways.
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #9
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Please delete this thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.