brawler rockers vs stock rubi rails - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > brawler rockers vs stock rubi rails

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 03-22-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
guarnibl
2009 JK Wrangler 

brawler rockers vs stock rubi rails

http://shop.poisonspyder.com/Jeep-Ro...rmor-s/145.htm

Worth it? I already have Rubicon rails... they look cooler, but I'm told that's all they really offer over the rubicon rails. Are those 45-degree?

Also, how do you guys feel about crusher corner armor?

guarnibl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 01:30 AM   #2
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2007 JK Wrangler 

i got crusher corners, flares and rock brawlers this year along with their BFH bumpers.

they also have rocker knocker sliders that are very good as well. you cant go wrong with any of Poison Spyder Customs products.

i say go for it, you wont be disappointed

Full Build Thread

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" • '07 Jeep JK • 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs
Facebook • Twitter • YouTube

MrDeids.com • Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
Pitbull Tires • Poison Spyder Customs • Poly Performance • Rigid Industries • Rock Krawler Suspension • Spiderweb Shade
Magazine Feature:
2007 Jeep Wrangler - 426 Hemi JK - All The Right Stuff • Oct, '11
Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
guarnibl
2009 JK Wrangler 

Thanks.. doesn't really answer my question though

I agree with you -- everything I've seen is great and I doubt I would be disappointed. I just don't want to spend the money if it's not going to net any real solid benefit of sorts.
Unread 03-24-2011, 02:00 AM   #4
WSOffroad
2008 JK Wrangler 

The brawler rockers are going to offer you more side impact protection vs the rubi rails which are more for a upwards vertical impact. The Brawlers will give you more space between the side of your jeep and a rock if you get into a wedge. I run them on my Jeep and they have saved me from certain damage many times. I personally seen them in action at King Of the Hammers on the JKOH and they can take one hell of a beating! Larry even used them as a winching piviot point on a rock!

[FONT="Impact"][SIZE="4"]PM or Call 813.361.0869 [/SIZE][/FONT]
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/WS-Offroad/169575106387318"][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Like us on facebook for FREE stuff![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]
WSOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 02:11 AM   #5
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2007 JK Wrangler 

it is 45 degrees, anything will be better than the stock rubi-rails. the rock brawler rails are stronger and offer more clearance than the stock rubi-rails. you really can't go wrong with the. its win win

the crusher corners add a lot of protection as well. the JK sheet metal is thin to save weight. the corners offer a lot of protection.

video of Larry talking about their latest rockers

my JK will need the protection the rock brawler rails and crusher corners offer. i plan on wheeling it hard this summer.

Full Build Thread

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" • '07 Jeep JK • 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs
Facebook • Twitter • YouTube

MrDeids.com • Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
Pitbull Tires • Poison Spyder Customs • Poly Performance • Rigid Industries • Rock Krawler Suspension • Spiderweb Shade
Magazine Feature:
2007 Jeep Wrangler - 426 Hemi JK - All The Right Stuff • Oct, '11
Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

I would get the corner guards first before replacing the ruby rails. Im praying that Poison spider is going to release some for the 2 door in the next month or two.....
One rock = ~$1000 fix if done by a pro.....

These JKs are wider and have lights that stick too far out, places where YJ could sneak in might not be possible for the JK. The same rock I got hit by also smacked 4 other JKs in the same spot. One club guy who does competitions has fixed the area 3 times.....and hes also waiting for the Poison spider corners for the 2 door. If you have a 4 door I would strongly recommend the corner guards and be glad you have them.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
guarnibl
2009 JK Wrangler 

I have the two door... so I guess I have no option (besides River raider? will they work with the bushwacker flat's? (The full lengths).

Where did that get hit? What trail?

So you're saying the rock rails aren't necessarily needed beyond the stocks? I can't believe a situation where those poison spyders would protect me a lot more than rubicon ones to the point where certain damage would result w/ the stockers.
Unread 03-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #8
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

There are other options for the 2 door but to me they either dont cover enough or dont match the body contours (cheaply made) so I plan on waiting for spiders to come out.....unless something better shows up first.

Not saying the poison spider rails are not needed, but you already have some decent ones and dont have anything for the corners......I would just get the corners first, is all Im saying.

Trail is up by Hungry Valley, CA its a OHV playground with trails and rock piles everywhere. It was a $2500 repair trip, not including getting the body repaired. Playing in rocks is NOT cheap.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #9
aristobrat
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarnibl View Post
I can't believe a situation where those poison spyders would protect me a lot more than rubicon ones to the point where certain damage would result w/ the stockers.
Like WSOffroad said, the Rubi rock rails don't protect the side of your JK at all!

Watch this video:

See how the obstacle pulls the vehicle left, into the rock, until the side of the vehicle is rubbing against that rock?

That's what Rubi rock rails won't protect you from.

The brawlers (and others like them) stick out from the side, so they'd end up rubbing against that rock, not the side of your JK.
aristobrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #10
guarnibl
2009 JK Wrangler 

Thanks guys.

Anyone have comments on the river raider full length corner crushers?
Unread 03-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #11
fishgutz
2010 MK Patriot 

My Brawlers are hanging in my tool room / paint room right now. Also got the River Raider Off Road skid plate kit.
I took off about 60 pound and am adding about 300 pounds
When I lose 120 of fat I'll get some of the back.
fishgutz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.