Brawler lite and expedition one rubi skid? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Brawler lite and expedition one rubi skid?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 05-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Gane35
2010 JK Wrangler 

Brawler lite and expedition one rubi skid?

Just ordered a brawler lite through northridge! just waiting for it to arrive so i can go pick it Up. Sadly they were out of stock, now the waiting game.

So like a lot of us I spent a lot of time cruising the Internet for cool jeep related things and I came across something interesting, a brawler lite with a exp one rubi skid. Personally I think it is genius, gain 2" of clearance and get to rotate your e-disco out of harms way. My question is. Has anyone had any experience trying it? Will I have to drill the crap out of my nice new bumper of for some freak reason do they mate up correctly?

Gane35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #2
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

I don't believe they interfere, search google and you'll find others who are running that setup.

I went with an exp one front bumper, but not the skid plate. I just hacked off the crash bar or whatever, painted it and rotated the sway bar disconnect. I might get their skid plate one day but currently I'm not seeing a big need for it, though I'm not big into rock crawling anyway.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
Gane35
2010 JK Wrangler 

I've only seen one guy suggesting it hense the thread. I was looking at the exp one full width till I opted for a stubby. I like the idea of skids. Our parents always said to wear protection lol
Unread 05-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gane35
I've only seen one guy suggesting it hense the thread. I was looking at the exp one full width till I opted for a stubby. I like the idea of skids. Our parents always said to wear protection lol
I like the skid, but I was just just looking under there and thinking I would really have to straddle a big rock in just the right place for anything to hit the disconnect, that's all. The sway bar is under the radiator. I may add it later but for now I felt like it would just be extra weight.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
Gane35
2010 JK Wrangler 

I really want to get rid of that crash bar though. It looks pretty ratty now. Or at least cover it up

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.