brand new jk water sound when jeep starts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > brand new jk water sound when jeep starts

Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
Keven1973
2014 JK Wrangler 

brand new jk water sound when jeep starts

I have read on this issue from jeeps that miles on them. My jeep has 900 miles on it and when I start it in the morning or if it has sat for awhile I get a rushing sound of water. That is some weird ****. I called one dealership and they had not clue. Is there something I can say to them that makes more sense and they will know where to look. I hate leaving my vehicle at a damn dealership.

Keven1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #2
Chicane

Is that a gurgling sound under the dash? My 2013 has that sound when first started from the beginning, now at 20,000 miles.
Chicane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #3
Keven1973
2014 JK Wrangler 

Yah I guess it could sound like a gurgling.it is as if it was filling something up.
Unread 05-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #4
chrisjsmith4
2012 JK Wrangler 

Mine gets it too. It sounds like coolant is rushing into the heater core after startup
Unread 05-13-2014, 02:12 AM   #5
Clejxn
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keven1973
I have read on this issue from jeeps that miles on them. My jeep has 900 miles on it and when I start it in the morning or if it has sat for awhile I get a rushing sound of water. That is some weird ****. I called one dealership and they had not clue. Is there something I can say to them that makes more sense and they will know where to look. I hate leaving my vehicle at a damn dealership.

Another site says that it is small bubbles of air in the coolant and if you bleed the system and top it off it will go away. They stated that you have to bleed it daily for several days by solely squeezing the hose and it may only take a small amount of coolant each time. It seemed to fix several peoples issues permanently. I have a 14 JKUR and it does the same thing. Haven't tried the fix yet. Will do soon.
Clejxn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2014, 03:26 AM   #6
AngryRedBird

▲▲▲ This and really isn't anything to worry about, thou one morning before you start up, remove the radiator cap and gently squeeze the top flow hose and check your coolant reservoir. The antifreeze should be right at the top when squeezing. What is happening is that the fluid is part of the radiator heating system.. and the bubble are trapped within the hose that leads tot he heater core unit under the dash.

Note: Make sure when you replace the cap, you mount or seat flush and turn the cap twice to lock in place. If this issue continues I would suggest that you get the Stant pressure release cap.
AngryRedBird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2014, 06:49 AM   #7
Keven1973
2014 JK Wrangler 

Cool Ty will the New cap fix the overall problem.
Unread 05-13-2014, 07:02 AM   #8
AngryRedBird

@Keven1973

Stant pressure release cap?..

Note: Top Right hand corner.

did mine.. it has a red pressure release valve on the cap.. this way everyone in a while you can release any bubble build up.. but do not do this while the engine is running or hot.. In a sense instead of opening or taking off the cap.. you simply lift up the red handle to release any build up then make sure it's set back down in the correct location.. it may take several times of correcting the balance of antifreeze in the reservoir or actually adding more antifreeze int the radiator.. Just depends on how low the fluid is upon removing the cap.

Note: Place a worn out rag on the cap opening after removing the cap itself just so you don't end up with a mess all over the radiator etc.. then gently squeeze the top hose as well as the bottom hose. Over time this will work the bubbles out of the antifreeze. Ever since we've done this (new cap and the squeeze thing) we've not had an issue.

Lately.. Upon removing the old cap or any cap.. check the rubber seal that mates up with the radiator.. If the seal is going bad.. it can leave rubber seal fragments on the radiator opening as well as on what's left of the seal.. thus causing an uneven mating of the seal and could actually be allowing air into the system which in turn is causing the air bubbles..
AngryRedBird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
heater core , radiator , radiator cap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.