Brake Line Extension - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Brake Line Extension

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
jbriones
2008 JK Wrangler 

Brake Line Extension

Im going to 3 inches of lift and i need to extend my brake lines. Im looking to go with the synergy brake lines or something similar in price. I want a good product but i want a good price too. Any recommendations on the lines? Another question: are the relocation brackets necessary? That is probably my biggest concern. Thanks for yalls help.

jbriones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
tslewisz
2010 JK Wrangler 

You won't use relo brackets with longer lines. My lines came with my RK kit, but I'm sure Synergy's are fine. A lot of guys run Crown, too.
tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
jbriones
2008 JK Wrangler 

Crown is cheaper to...that may be the route to go...I'm ready to buy all my stuff I was just waiting to hear back from Jason at krawl off road
Unread 10-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #4
saddis
2003 WJ 

I just ordered a set of all four from Qaudratec yesterday for like $89. I think they were crown also.
Unread 10-08-2012, 12:06 AM   #5
jbriones
2008 JK Wrangler 

Were they for the jk...bc those I'm seeing everywhere for 130
Unread 10-08-2012, 01:16 AM   #6
saddis
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbriones View Post
Were they for the jk...bc those I'm seeing everywhere for 130
Yep!
Unread 10-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
DBA2GO
2008 JK Wrangler 

Mine are Kevlar wrapped in steel braid with a plastic coating. Some of the plastic has cracked (in 80K miles of hard use); but the lines are still great. I'd buy the best you can, not the cheapest. I know, I know, you want the best product for the cheapest price.
Unread 10-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #8
jbriones
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks bud....I'm gonna look into those I'm just looking to allocate funds in different areas so any more than like 130 is just too much to pay for brake lines for me
Unread 10-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #9
saddis
2003 WJ 

My Crowns came in today. Ordered sat night, so that's pretty fast for shipping. Here's a pic of them.
img_5120.jpg  
Unread 10-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #10
jbriones
2008 JK Wrangler 

Can you send me the link to where you bought those bc I'm about to place my orders tomorrow night but for all 4 they are like 129...I see earlier you said you got them for 89 shipped. For that price I will do all 4. Otherwise ill just do the fronts and relocation brackets in the rear
Unread 10-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #11
Coolcatracing
2008 JK Wrangler 

Make sure they're coated lines. If they don't have the plastic coating on them they should be replaced every two years, even sooner on offroad vehicles because the dirt gets between the steel braid and the inner teflon line and will wear holes and cause leaks and blowouts.
08 Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed, 315/70-16 Kelly TSR, 1.5" Spidertrax spacers factory Moab's, Rubicon Express Flex arm 3.5" lift, Smittybilt XRC front bumper with D-rings, Body Armor Extreme rock slider steps, AEV snorkel, trimmed fender flares, Hella 8" HID driving lights
Coolcatracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.