Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Bought a 2012 2-door Rubicon today

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  sdr0303 
#1 ·
I took the plunge and have now purchased my 7th Wrangler/CJ (lifetime). Got the auto after a series of test drives and really like it so far.

I did notice one strange thing though. The front passenger side is sitting about 1/2" lower than the rest of the vehicle? Tire pressure is fine. Just springs settling maybe?

Anyway, looking forward to putting on a lift, tires, and bumpers before the snow starts in CO.

#5 ·
Congrats.

Did you measure on level ground preferably concrete?

My 4 door Rubicon dimensions FYI:

Front driver side = 35 3/4"
" passenger side= 35 7/8"

Reat driver side= 36 1/4"
" passenger side= 36 1/2"

All measurements from ground up thru center of tire to bottom edge of flare.

Spare tire= 32" diameter
All other tires= 31" diameter (from gound up) @ 36psi

#8 ·
I took the plunge and have now purchased my 7th Wrangler/CJ (lifetime). Got the auto after a series of test drives and really like it so far.

I did notice one strange thing though. The front passenger side is sitting about 1/2" lower than the rest of the vehicle? Tire pressure is fine. Just springs settling maybe?

Anyway, looking forward to putting on a lift, tires, and bumpers before the snow starts in CO.
I picked up my 1st Jeep yesterday and it too is a 2012 2 door Rubicon w/auto. The new engine and transmission coupled with the 4.10's seem to be a great combo. I just measured my vehicle and both left and right front is 36 3/4" from the ground through the wheel center line up to the fender flare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.