Bolt Missing - Please Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Bolt Missing - Please Help

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-15-2011, 06:54 AM   #1
mthomp83
2010 JK Wrangler 

Bolt Missing - Please Help

To preface...I have the AEV 3.5" so my rear stabilizer links were moved to the front.

So I was walking to my Jeep this morning and I noticed something out of place. One of the bolts from the stabilizer bracket was missing at the axle tab.

Does anyone know why this would have happened? Does anyone know what I can do to fix it? What size and grade bolts does AEV use?

photo.jpg  
2010 JK Rubicon - Flame Red - 3.5" AEV Premium Suspension Lift w/ Bilstein 5100 Shocks, 17" AEV Savegre Wheels, 35x12.50 r17 BFG KM2's - Rugged Ridge XHD Modular Front Bumper w/ 10,500lb Winch - Rugged Ridge XHD Rear Bumper w/ Swing Out Tire Carrier - Poison Spyder JK Evap Skid Plate - KC Slimlite Long Range
mthomp83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
Joevacs
2010 JK Wrangler 

If you are referring to the tab on the axle, in your picture, that is a little rusty and has nothing attached to it; that's where the original position for the swaybar link was attached. the bracket it is attached to now apparently came with the lift.
Wait a minute, I just looked at your picture again. It looks like the plate has spun out of place. I see what you mean now. Look at the bolt on the other side of the Jeep and get a grade 8 bolt from the hardware store to match it's size and length. It must've vibrated loose. Might want to torque all you bolts while you're at it.
Unread 02-15-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
mthomp83
2010 JK Wrangler 

thankfully it is not rusty, its just dirty but yea i called the shop where i had the lift installed and he said to just bring it by and he would put in a bolt but i'm going to have him retorque everything....this is driveable but i dont want a control arm bolt or something more important coming out
2010 JK Rubicon - Flame Red - 3.5" AEV Premium Suspension Lift w/ Bilstein 5100 Shocks, 17" AEV Savegre Wheels, 35x12.50 r17 BFG KM2's - Rugged Ridge XHD Modular Front Bumper w/ 10,500lb Winch - Rugged Ridge XHD Rear Bumper w/ Swing Out Tire Carrier - Poison Spyder JK Evap Skid Plate - KC Slimlite Long Range
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #4
Blu-Jacket
2009 JK Wrangler 

When you replace the bolts, use some top locks. They're an all metal lock nut that can be found in grade 8's. If you have a Fastenal close by they will carry the hardware. Also, definitely check your torque specs.
Blu-Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #5
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2007 JK Wrangler 

invest in a craftsman torque wrench. be sure to cal it according to specs. usually 12-18 months.
i didnt think these had a torque value. anyways, its real easy and torque should be checked once a month and before and after wheeling. keeps everything safe for you and your family

i check my beadlock and suspension components when I do my monthly tire pressure and engine/drivetrain fluid checks. only takes an hour or so on a weekend. time to blast some AC/DC and have a couple beers.

Full Build Thread

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" '07 Jeep JK 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs
Facebook Twitter YouTube

MrDeids.com Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
Pitbull Tires Poison Spyder Customs Poly Performance Rigid Industries Rock Krawler Suspension Spiderweb Shade
Magazine Feature:
2007 Jeep Wrangler - 426 Hemi JK - All The Right Stuff Oct, '11
Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
mthomp83
2010 JK Wrangler 

thanks for the input guys!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.