Body lift, should i ? Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Body lift, should i ? Help

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
medinalakejeep

Body lift, should i ? Help

I have a 07 4dr jk and already have a 3inch suspension lift and now maybe want to do a 1-2 body lift! What are pros and cons? Has anyone installed by them selves?

Thanks in advance

medinalakejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Haven't done it but I know someone else is gonna know as well. Why the extra body lift?
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
medinalakejeep

Just an idea at this point not set on it. Just seeing if anyone else has done it or what they think.
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Has a 2" body lift on an 87 K5 Blazer. I couldn't stand it because it made it look a bit goofy and the bumpers looked way off with the gaps. Would ask for pics of the people that have done it.
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
medinalakejeep

Ya if people have pics with a body lift I'd like to see it thanks!
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #6
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

A 1" body lift for a little extra clearance doesn't bother me...I wouldn't do any more than that, FWIW
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #7
medinalakejeep

My dad was wanting to do a 2inch but I was thinking only one cause I didn't want to see the frame to much. Also wondering if my father and I can install it? Or should u not mess with it?
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by medinalakejeep View Post
My dad was wanting to do a 2inch but I was thinking only one cause I didn't want to see the frame to much. Also wondering if my father and I can install it? Or should u not mess with it?
They're a pain in the butt, but doable as DIY for the inexperienced. with patience, and several scissor jacks, you should be good to go. Soak the body mount bolts down real well with PB blaster or something to that nature, prior to removal...some of them can be a real pain (at least that was my experience on my older vehicles).

What are you using the body lift for, I should ask? In lieu of a suspension lift? What size tires are you wanting to run? Give us a little back story...we might provide you with a few alternative options...
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
greg123168
2008 JK Wrangler 

I hate seing the bumpers off and the frame standing out!!! j m o though
greg123168 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
medinalakejeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove

They're a pain in the butt, but doable as DIY for the inexperienced. with patience, and several scissor jacks, you should be good to go. Soak the body mount bolts down real well with PB blaster or something to that nature, prior to removal...some of them can be a real pain (at least that was my experience on my older vehicles).

What are you using the body lift for, I should ask? In lieu of a suspension lift? What size tires are you wanting to run? Give us a little back story...we might provide you with a few alternative options...
I have already have a 3" lift and I'm running 35s. Not really looking to run bigger tires just wanting to bring it up and inch or so and would like to stay away from buying a whole new 4-5 inch kit you know
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by medinalakejeep View Post
I have already have a 3" lift and I'm running 35s. Not really looking to run bigger tires just wanting to bring it up and inch or so and would like to stay away from buying a whole new 4-5 inch kit you know
I am also toying with adding a 1" body lift for a little more clearance...I also have a 3" lift, but am running 37" tires.

3" is more than enough lift for 35s...if your only concern is the appearance of being bigger, have you considered flat fenders? Here are a couple choices, all of which will greatly increase the space between rubber and flare, giving you more articulation before rub, and the appearance of a larger stance (because of the extra space)

Bushwacker - very popular, but overpriced for four pieces of plastic, IMO

Smittybilt - cheap...won't hold up to big hits, but made of metal and for the cost, you can destroy them and replace at the same cost of the more expensive plastic ones. Install is a piece of cake (I had these at one point)

Xenon - Ugly as hell

There are several heavy duty flat fenders available, but at a much greater cost, from Poison Spyder Customs, Offroad Evolution, and River Raider Offroad, to name a few
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #12
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Got my ACE full set front and rear for right at $600 shipped and powder coated.
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #13
JCJeep97
2000 TJ Wrangler 

1" BL is a great mod and makes room for a tummy tuck in the future. Do it!
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #14
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJeep97 View Post
1" BL is a great mod and makes room for a tummy tuck in the future. Do it!
The JK doesn't have the transfer case hanging below the frame rails, like the TJ, so there is no "tummy tuck" mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOKIES2010 View Post
Got my ACE full set front and rear for right at $600 shipped and powder coated.
I forgot that ACE brought out their fenders...good looking, good price Do they offer the same lifetime warranty as their rockers?
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #15
JCJeep97
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
The JK doesn't have the transfer case hanging below the frame rails, like the TJ, so there is no "tummy tuck" mod

Damn, learn something new every day

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.