body lift question - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > body lift question

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Closed Thread
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #46
straight-pipe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for 3 pages of BULLCHIT ! Not everyone here climbs mountain sides or rock climbs, some use the jeep for the odd ice fishing trip and camping adventure and some also use it for a 60 mile commute. All you know it alls should run for office, you have a god given ability for dancing around a simple question and yabber for days and days without getting close to the answer. cheers!

Unread 06-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #47
straight-pipe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighandLow View Post
Ugh! These threads always turn south. But, I'll put on my flame suit and go ahead and offer an answer.
IMHO 1.25" is all you want to put on your jeep. I don't know for sure how much play there is in the wiring and hoses etc. But when I installed my 1' BL the instructions were to unhook some of the wiring connections to avoid breaking the connections. I'm sure someone knows exactly how much slack there is, but from my experience not much. Also, if you have a standard, I believe your shifter will be that much shorter.

Anyway, I put on my BL for pretty much the same reason you want to. I just wanted my jeep to sit a little taller. From what I've learned on the forum. You begin to run into problems after 3.5" of suspension lift. So, I went about it by putting on 2.5" - 3" of suspension lift, in order to stay clear of too many problems like driveshaft or steering. Then adding the 1" BL. Total 4" of the lift that I wanted. The other plus was the cost. 4" lifts that include everything you need were out of my price range.

All in all, would I rather have a 4" suspension lift? Of course! But I'm happy with my Jeeps ride height. Came out of it cheaper with no issues and kept it simple. If I ever do decide to invest the money to go bigger and get really serious about a hard wheeling Jeep, I'm sure the BL will come off.

To add to the question of how it will look. Not very good with 2" IMHO.
My 1" is only really noticeable in the rear bumper gap. I painted it black but it still does'nt look right. I'd be glad to post of some pics and let you decide for yourself.

Cheers!
Thank you for the response sir
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:23 AM   #48
Rtone1583
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLADE View Post
A coil spacer does not allow for any additional tire clearance.
↑↑↑This↑↑↑ (Note the lack of three key words.)

is in no way the same as

↓↓↓This↓↓↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLADE View Post
Simply adding a 1" coil spacer does NOT increase the distance between your tire and body at full bump. The 1" coil spacer just simply adds 1" to your ride height.

Your 4.5" lift also allowed you to install the needed bump stop that allowes your 37's to clear at full bump.

I do find it amusing. Some people just have trouble following.
Which makes following your logic impossible.
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:51 AM   #49
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Differences in opinions and even a little argument here and there is a normal part of life on forums but this thread has excided its limits as far as Iím concerned. This thread is now closed.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.