body lift - does it matter the brand? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > body lift - does it matter the brand?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 08-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
rballman
2007 JK Wrangler 

body lift - does it matter the brand?

well i am looking at getting a 1" body lift. does it really matter on the brand? anything special to look for?

I was thinking of getting the Rough Country 1.25" lift for $99.

Colorado Jeep Club member #2007

My JK Build Thread
rballman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
UTAH

I've put 1" body lifts on both my JK's - a '07 manual trans X and a '09 auto trans Sahara.

The quality of a body lift probably matters little on a JK. That's 'cause on a JK there's no need to mess with the fan shroud. And, on the auto trans, the shift linkage is cable actuated - again not an issue. So, all you've got is the pucks and longer bolts.

The most I and others have had to do with our manual trans JK's is cut away the rear of the internal shift boot.

Bill
Unread 08-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
Rudinater
2009 JK Wrangler 

Question about body lifts, when you do a body lifts does that effect how high the shifters sit. I'm talking about the shift for the auto/manual trans and the transfer case shifter.

I find both of these kind of low normally and would hate to have them a inch or two lower.

Red 09 Unlimited Rubicon - Teraflex 4inch long arm lift, Elka shocks, 5:38 gears, 37inch GY MTR's, Expedition Core front bumper with Warn PowerPlant HD, RS-E rear bumper and carrier, RS-E step rock sliders.
Rudinater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
JeepUserName
2008 JK Wrangler 

Does a body lift have the potential to impact the warranty as a suspension lift would?
JeepUserName is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
Grant211
2007 JK Wrangler 

i have a MORE 1 inch body lift and have zero compliants. You can see pics in the link in my signature.
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudinater View Post
Question about body lifts, when you do a body lifts does that effect how high the shifters sit. I'm talking about the shift for the auto/manual trans and the transfer case shifter.

I find both of these kind of low normally and would hate to have them a inch or two lower.
I can't comment on manual. But the auto it does nothing- leaves it exactly the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepUserName View Post
Does a body lift have the potential to impact the warranty as a suspension lift would?
Not really. If doing it to an auto, the only thing that you really change is adding in a steering adaptor- Actually I'm not even sure if that is just the 2" BL, or with both 1" and 2". Regardless, that little adapter is not going to cause any problems.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #7
tricked919
2007 JK Wrangler 

A BL is a BL is a BL ... Composite or aluminum, they all do the same thing.

I'm a fan of the 1" kits. As mentioned, on an auto, it has absolutely no negative implications on anything. The 1" kits are almost un-noticeable with the rear bumper mod, and where else can you get an inch of lift for $100 and 2hrs of your time? ...of course assuming that you already have a BB or other mild suspsension kit.

I would not do a BL before a suspension lift, considering all the great inexpensive options that will yeild FAR more performance benefits. For me, the BL was a great supplement to my OME kit because I rubbed at full stuff when disco'd and the BL was the difference in eliminating the rub. I'd do one again in a heartbeat.

I will say that getting the washers off the stock hardware was very difficult, as was removing the studs from the front bushings. If you have a bench vice, its much easier.
tricked919 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.