body lift - does it matter the brand? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > body lift - does it matter the brand?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 08-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
rballman
2007 JK Wrangler 

body lift - does it matter the brand?

well i am looking at getting a 1" body lift. does it really matter on the brand? anything special to look for?

I was thinking of getting the Rough Country 1.25" lift for $99.

Colorado Jeep Club member #2007

My JK Build Thread
rballman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
UTAH

I've put 1" body lifts on both my JK's - a '07 manual trans X and a '09 auto trans Sahara.

The quality of a body lift probably matters little on a JK. That's 'cause on a JK there's no need to mess with the fan shroud. And, on the auto trans, the shift linkage is cable actuated - again not an issue. So, all you've got is the pucks and longer bolts.

The most I and others have had to do with our manual trans JK's is cut away the rear of the internal shift boot.

Bill
Unread 08-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
Rudinater
2009 JK Wrangler 

Question about body lifts, when you do a body lifts does that effect how high the shifters sit. I'm talking about the shift for the auto/manual trans and the transfer case shifter.

I find both of these kind of low normally and would hate to have them a inch or two lower.

Red 09 Unlimited Rubicon - Teraflex 4inch long arm lift, Elka shocks, 5:38 gears, 37inch GY MTR's, Expedition Core front bumper with Warn PowerPlant HD, RS-E rear bumper and carrier, RS-E step rock sliders.
Rudinater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
JeepUserName
2008 JK Wrangler 

Does a body lift have the potential to impact the warranty as a suspension lift would?
JeepUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
Grant211
2007 JK Wrangler 

i have a MORE 1 inch body lift and have zero compliants. You can see pics in the link in my signature.
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
N2rock
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudinater View Post
Question about body lifts, when you do a body lifts does that effect how high the shifters sit. I'm talking about the shift for the auto/manual trans and the transfer case shifter.

I find both of these kind of low normally and would hate to have them a inch or two lower.
I can't comment on manual. But the auto it does nothing- leaves it exactly the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepUserName View Post
Does a body lift have the potential to impact the warranty as a suspension lift would?
Not really. If doing it to an auto, the only thing that you really change is adding in a steering adaptor- Actually I'm not even sure if that is just the 2" BL, or with both 1" and 2". Regardless, that little adapter is not going to cause any problems.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #7
tricked919
2007 JK Wrangler 

A BL is a BL is a BL ... Composite or aluminum, they all do the same thing.

I'm a fan of the 1" kits. As mentioned, on an auto, it has absolutely no negative implications on anything. The 1" kits are almost un-noticeable with the rear bumper mod, and where else can you get an inch of lift for $100 and 2hrs of your time? ...of course assuming that you already have a BB or other mild suspsension kit.

I would not do a BL before a suspension lift, considering all the great inexpensive options that will yeild FAR more performance benefits. For me, the BL was a great supplement to my OME kit because I rubbed at full stuff when disco'd and the BL was the difference in eliminating the rub. I'd do one again in a heartbeat.

I will say that getting the washers off the stock hardware was very difficult, as was removing the studs from the front bushings. If you have a bench vice, its much easier.
tricked919 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.