Body Armor Roof Rack question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Body Armor Roof Rack question

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 09-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
MPants89
2008 JK Wrangler 

Body Armor Roof Rack question

Does anybody have these two parts?

Body Armor 5124 - Body Armor Cargo Basket for Body Armor Roof Rack Bases - Quadratec

Body Armor JK-6125 - Body Armor Roof Rack Base Kit for 07-10 Jeep Wrangler JK 2-Door - Quadratec

I'm jus curious if the parts have to be installed together? or can they be seperate on the roof? and with them on is a hard top easily removed??

thanks,
Mikey Pants

MPants89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
OurTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I know the OP is from many moons ago, but just in case anyone is looking at racks, thinking of the Body Armor one, and does a search on Body Armor TJ-6125 here, I wanted to throw in my 2c. First, it is made of very beefy tubing that has a decent powder coat on it. If comes very well packaged with each tube individually wrapped. On the negative side, the mounting bolts are pretty wimpy and you will need to sub in some bigger washers to prevent the cheapo ones from going into the holes. That is no big deal. The big deal to me was two things. First, the rear mounts, which use the existing bumper bolts, are not drilled correctly. Meaning, they are center to center closer than the bumper bolts, they have to be moved about an eighth of and inch out via grinding or something like that. Second, the rear light bar (top rear) bolt holes did not line up with the pipes coming up from the rear mounts. These are a slide together fit and the holes as delivered are off by about an eighth of an inch. So, again, a bit of reaming to make them fit.

Now that ours is on, it looks pretty darn sharp and I am pleased. I just wanted to make future buyers aware that they are some manufacturing issues that will need to be dealt with if all of them are like mine. Oh, one last thing, mine did not come with instructions so I had to get them online.
OurTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.